Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I think we finally got that surf wake dialed in

triscadek

well i think we finally got her dialed, after many tries we finally just gave her all we had... 1100 port rear locker, 450 port side rear of side seat (not backseat), 750 port side observer seat, 1100 port side of bow and dropped wedge. unsure of speed, no PP, we were 10-11.5mph prob, i just eyed the wake. it was pretty big, and finally no vibrations with this setup. sorry for the non capitalization, im still one handed due to dislocated shoulder from wakeboarding.

516B9A50-1D3C-49AA-A631-C5BA75D021CB.jpg

Were you able to get something working for my 2004 LSV which was ride-able with a little less weight? I was thinking about doing 1100 in rear port locker, 350 across the side port seat + factory 400 center + factory ~300? bow

Were you able to get something working for my 2004 LSV which was ride-able with a little less weight?

Our 04 all we run is:

1100 locker + stock center + bow full

People on the port side (usually 3/4) + driver at helm

Wedge down

...works pretty well, I might want to add another 300-500 under the port seats yet this summer, and/or a Mission surf gate might be in the near future.

Not sure on the RPMs, I was just going by eying the wake. We will be back out tomorrow and ill note speed and RPMs.

We tried with less weight and just couldn't get it where we wanted it. It was either too short and all wash or too tall and not long enough. We just gave it all we had lol.

This is my buddy surfing and the girlfriend driving. I'm out of commission. ?

I'm just the beer drinker and photographer now. ?

My wave was huge & had push before since I run a ton of weight, but when I grew a pair & filled my 750 in the bow full is when it really came alive. Still huge with lots of push but the pocket is much bigger now. Sketchy to drive though

My wave was huge & had push before since I run a ton of weight, but when I grew a pair & filled my 750 in the bow full is when it really came alive. Still huge with lots of push but the pocket is much bigger now. Sketchy to drive though

Yeah it's was very sketchy but we were in an isolated cove all alone. Otherwise I wouldn't let them. Now it's up for sale so if it sinks I'll get a fat check so LOAD HER DOWN!!! lol

Edited by triscadek

Yeah it's was very sketchy but we were in an isolated cove all alone. Otherwise I wouldn't let them. Now it's up for sale so if it sinks I'll get a fat check so LOAD HER DOWN!!! lol

You upgrading? I'm debating yanking stereo next month and trying to get 29 for mine. Have so much into her I just can't let her go for 25k, but I want a newer deeper hull.