Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Opinion on 2016 23lsv SURF WAKE?

Jaredmetz

I am looking at up grading my 2012 21 vlx to a 23lsv. Any pic or info for the wake and wave that they put out. Buddy has a 2015 SE550 supra and am wondering how the wave would compare to it. People say that the 23 puts out a huge wave but i am looking for some input. Any info would be great.

Agree with IXFE, same as 2015. No indication that they have changed the hull, ballast, wedge or surfgate over the 2015 model, so should be pretty much the same (which is pretty good :)).

Engines / transmissions are different, that's all as far as I know.

We have a 2012 A22 and recently demoed a 2015 23lsv. We only surf and my wife is always telling me we don't need a new boat, our wave is perfect, settle your a** down we don't need a new boat etc.....

She is pregnant so could not surf the wave but as soon as she saw it she said " uh oh, this was a mistake, we need a new boat." I only got a little time on the wave and it was a monster, I have never been so far back before.

It's starting to get close to 2015 close out time at most dealers, I'd be looking for a deal on a leftover

You're upgrading?!?! ;)

Edited by teamerickson

I would argue that length plays a smaller role than total weight. Afun's 21'ninja produces a wave very similar to my 24 MXZ. The key is displacement, just like with engines, there is no replacement for displacement.

I just demoed a 2015 23 LSV and had weird experience. It had the 409 with the base prop (537?) and in windy conditions only hit 29 mph at 5K rpm which doesn't make any sense to me with no weight in it. Tons of white wash. Then when we tried to surf it with just the stock ballast and the wedge and it had no push. There were no bags in it and the SG wasn't even half way in the water making a weird rooster off it. I'm assuming this due to lack of bags but I was shocked we could not surf at all with the stock ballast and the wedge. Salesman had no clue about the boat which is a shame. He spent more time telling me how great Tige is. They sell both.

I just demoed a 2015 23 LSV and had weird experience. It had the 409 with the base prop (537?) and in windy conditions only hit 29 mph at 5K rpm which doesn't make any sense to me with no weight in it. Tons of white wash. Then when we tried to surf it with just the stock ballast and the wedge and it had no push. There were no bags in it and the SG wasn't even half way in the water making a weird rooster off it. I'm assuming this due to lack of bags but I was shocked we could not surf at all with the stock ballast and the wedge. Salesman had no clue about the boat which is a shame. He spent more time telling me how great Tige is. They sell both.

Not surprised. These SG boats surf horrible in stock configuration IMHO. They need a lot of weight and the right prop to push that weight.

Not surprised. These SG boats surf horrible in stock configuration IMHO. They need a lot of weight and the right prop to push that weight.

I dunno... sounds like more than just a weight issue. I'm not sure how you could possibly only get 29 @ 5k unless the wedge is up as many clicks as possible (i.e. stuck halfway) and they forgot to empty the rear ballast, and three obese people were sitting in the back of the boat?

In fact, stock ballast only would make a fine looking wave (clean) but I could understand it not being very big without extra ballast (a malibu requirement since, well, forever).

Stock ballast and wedge, just me driving and no bags, after a few breakin hours last November. Sounds like something was definitely wrong with your demo.

8DF4AA2C-54DA-4865-BAB6-942C960DB40F_zps

Impressive! But cold...

Yeah all of that sounds wrong, find a new dealer if you can