Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Should I do it? Project boat

Levi900RR

Not an inboard trailer and way too small. You'd have weeks into the gel coat alone. Maybe worth $6.5k next spring once cleaned up, $8-9k on a better trailer.

Edited by jk13

Not the right trailer either, no prop guard. Even the cheapest used trailer will destroy any chance of coming out ahead.

Edit: good call JK. I still think we were separated at birth or something.

Edited by Michigan boarder

IIRC 93 was the first year. BUT Legend has it that some pre 93 boats were glass. I might go look at it just for fun. Seems like if I could get it for 3G's Spend 1-1500 getting it cleaned up real nice I could do well. I sold my 93 CLOSED bow for $8500... Inboards are rare up here.

Not the right trailer either, no prop guard. Even the cheapest used trailer will destroy any chance of coming out ahead.

Edit: good call JK. I still think we were separated at birth or something.

Werd. :cheers:

Levi, $1k to clean up that gel is a deal. I probably had $300 in materials when I did mine and already owned my own buffer. Took me an entire winter of weekends on and off and there are still spots I see that could be better. At this point get eyes on it and a water test going. If in the NE you can get $10k out of it pursue it further. Keep an eye out for a trailer that at least looks right under there though. Might not be a big deal to someone living on a lake but for the other 90% of us it could be an immediate deal breaker. Or at minimum a giant red flag.

Wondering how you would even get that home? The prop/ rudder look really close to the ground, be a miracle if they hadn't already take a hit or 2.

Drop hitch and pull the prop off. Then be very careful.

Honestly if I were to actually buy this thing I'd probably try to move it on my Sunscape trailer. Get it home blocked up on stands then go get the trailer which would go immediately on Craigslist.

Why, if you go through the trouble to post it on cl, would one not include an interior pic? Might want to take S&W as well if you go look at it.