Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Slingshot Nomad 155/160

Kalamazoo

Disclaimer: I have wakeboarded 5 times in my life. I'm a long time slalom skier and now also surf. I'm over 40, slightly overweight and in OK shape. This is probably not intended for 20/30 somethings who have the strength, lack of 'ballast' and are super aggressive behind a boat.

That said...

Raime let me try her 160 Nomad at WTW-MI. (Thanks again!) I was able to get up regular/switch, carved around a bit, had fun.

I was able to get one on demo from Tommy's in GR (155) with slingshot option bindings and took it out three times so far. I can ride regular/switch, do surface 180s, get outside and over the wakes both heel and toeside and probably jumped/landed half of the wake or so.

It's a super fun experience. super buoyant, easy to get up on, very smooth over the wake, in chop, etc. carves really nicely. I dont see any aerials coming anytime soon, but this is a really fun board to ride. It actually seemed LESS work for me than surfing at times. I didn't have any knee or back pain afterwards (back pain is fairly common after skiing).

if you get a chance I recommend getting a demo. I think you'll be surprised. I just swapped my 155 for the 160 to see if I like it more/less. probably won't be a huge difference, but will see.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the review! The Nomad 160 is on my radar for my next board. I'm hoping to demo one yet this year. I am a beginner- just learning to clear the wake and surface 180s and such.

Rode the 160 last night. was as good as the 155 for me or better. possibly a tad smoother, etc, but still a great board to ride. i think I'll keep this one as it may be just a tad more mellow than the 155 (which is what I'm going for). it is only slightly larger but for what I want out of it it's great.

I like the 160 a lot. I do plan to break out my 139 LF Omega sometime this summer to see how it feels after riding the Nomad all year. It's not for everyone though, my hubby didn't like it. He is sticking with his Ronix One.