Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 vlx in stock

wheelman

I like how their boat pictures make Malibus seem like they are meant for winter sports.

Wonder if they will keep buying a ton of boats if prices of a barrel of oil keep going down.

Wonder if they will keep buying a ton of boats if prices of a barrel of oil keep going down.

I thought they ordered too many Malibus this past year, but they seem to have sold most all of them. They do have a LOT of unsold 2015 G series boats. Maybe the oil money buyers are opting for Malibus as the "value" choice between the two?

Did anyone else notice that the "thing" to hold your phone appears to be fixed to hold larger phablets? Also, the seat back is changed up some.

Also, who noticed a button next to the throttle?! Looks like it is for the powered up and down seat???

Edited by bcoppess23

Did anyone else notice that the "thing" to hold your phone appears to be fixed to hold larger phablets? Also, the seat back is changed up some.

Also, who noticed a button next to the throttle?! Looks like it is for the powered up and down seat???

I was going to ask the same question, here is a close up. Maybe someone could call and ask them to put a phone in it and take a picture... iPhone 6 Plus or Samsung Galaxy S6 for comparison would be useful.

post-3087-0-86870900-1438289636_thumb.jp

If it holds my phone and it can be retrofitted (not a bigger plate than '15) then I will order the part and "upgrade" my boat!

Edited by mikeo
  • Like 2

If anyone goes and sees these boats in person, I'd be very grateful for a measurement on the 2016 OEM underwater transom lights. They are 300% brighter than the 2015's and I'd like to swap them, IF the screw hole locations are identically offset. A measurement of the center-to-center screw hole separation for mounting the underwater 2016 transom lights would be great.

Thanks.

The silver badge on the side that notes the type of boat is gone too.

Actually, it's been moved to the windshield. I think this is a good decision. I've worried that fenders when tied off to a dock could damage my SS badge.

• Like 1

Yes, they have upsized the phone holder. That's been known for a while. The button next to the throttle is probably the driver's seat heater.

If you look, it has an arrow up and down on the switch... not sure what heater has those indications on the switch??