Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Opinions: 20' VTX or X20

dezul

I have a friend that is interested in upgrading from his prostar. He loves to slalom but also started surfing and enjoys it. He requires the boat to he 20' cause of the size of his garage. I am telling him to open up his options and look at all the brands before deciding, he is leaning to the x20 cause he likes Mastercraft. I would like to hear from people that have the VTX and from people that has surfed the x20.

I will add that he has rode the surf gate behind my '14 A22 with it slammed so the surf wake was good size. He enjoyed it and liked the push.

VTX is far more versatile. MC markets the X20 as surf-specific. Who in their right mind would spend that kind of money on a boat so one-dimensional? As I said in the Tige thread, I'd be chafed if I spent crazy money on a watersports boat that wasn't at least "good" at everything.

The VTX is. Best crossover boat on the market.

• Like 2

Like oldjeep says, get him to ski behind the two, just make sure the vtx is a diamond hull. Should take him about a minute to decide the vtx is right. We surf behind ours, but only after our morning ski sets.

We ski in the morning and surf all afternoon. I love my VTX. Easy to trailer, plenty of room great looking boat.

• Like 2

I have heard different things about the X-20. Some hate it and some like it.

I don't have personal experience on it but the VTX just seems like a better overall boat.

In the end, he is going to probably get a little tired of surfing and want to mix it up. I vote VTX

No experience with the x-20 but the VTX is an very good all around boat, surfs pretty well for its size, wakeboards well, ski's pretty good.

I think the biggest difference for him will be the layout and space. Some 20 footers feel small. I don't feel that way in the VTX.

X20 ski wake is no bueno.

X10 would be a much better option, but that is a bigger boat than the VTX. If he wants a 20'er, and wants to ski it, the VTX is certainly a better option.

If he is giving up skiing and wants the better "out of the box" surf wave, he would want the X20.

Send your friend this video and have him pay attention around the 58 sec mark. Great ski wake there...

I hope that was 28mph or so. Marketing dept. should have emptied it of all weight and cranked it up WFO for that shot and then slowed it down on film.

Unless that's what they already did. :shocked:

Besides the length have him measure that X20's height on the trailer. It's a really deep/tall boat compared to the VTX and X10.

I hope that was 28mph or so. Marketing dept. should have emptied it of all weight and cranked it up WFO for that shot and then slowed it down on film.

Unless that's what they already did. :shocked:

Besides the length have him measure that X20's height on the trailer. It's a really deep/tall boat compared to the VTX and X10.

X10 has an almost identical video. Same dude, same Radar, different side of wake crossing but same big air result. Same 6 frames or so dedicated to slalom in both vids. :)