Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Lettering...?

triscadek

Where can I find the gel-type letters that go on the back of the boat? Mine are kind of a gold ish. I was in a new Marina that was super tight and trying to maneuver with one arm (dislocated shoulder) and ended up snagging the end of a dock and scraping up the letters.

Hope it's ok to piggy back off your thread but we are looking for the original decals for our 96 Malibu as well.

Here's a picture of the side...sorry for the boobs :biggrin:

9242700891_9fa77b313b_c.jpg

Hope it's ok to piggy back off your thread but we are looking for the original decals for our 96 Malibu as well.

That may be a challenge to find in that color. Have you considered upgrading to the drip molded side decals they used starting in '02? I think they look way better personally.

Ordered it!!! Thanks guys.....now who wants to find me the Sunsetter LX decals that are on the sides near the rear? LOL. I can post pictures if that helps.

That may be a challenge to find in that color. Have you considered upgrading to the drip molded side decals they used starting in '02? I think they look way better personally.

I've not considered those...honestly not sure what they look like....got a pic? But I'm trying to keep it OG....my dad bought the boat new and I practically grew up on it so it holds a special place in my heart just how it looks/looked, I'm just trying to clean it up a bit. 20 years of use and the decals have seen better days.

Never apologize for boobs.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

I was replacing the "Malibu" and the "Response LXi" letters for my 2004 Response Lxi, and I wanted to get letters as close to OEM size as I could, due to some sun oxidation that has embedded the previous letters on the hull.  I inquired for OEM, then I saw the thread on TheMalibuCrew.  Well, I looked at the site, and found their Malibu letters were 22" long (My OEM letters are 26" long), and the "Response LXi" letters shown, just weren't matching up. I thought this may be a problem.  I spoke with Angie at their company (480-829-0895), who put me in touch with Andy A. who does the design work.  Well, after a few emails back and forth, I sent him a template I made from my actual letters.  Oh my goodness, Andy sent me "test decals" to see how they would turn out...they were nearly EXACT to the OEM template I sent him/them.  They just made up the actuals...which were gorgeous!

I will just say....AWESOME JOB Domed Numbers... for the customer service, and attention to detail for a guy who loves his Malibu! 

Edited by MNRLXi