Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rubber strip under tray

oldjeep

When did they start putting a rubber strip along the back of the boat, under the package tray and doors? My gel is all scratched/worn there from the tray moving around. Saw this picture of a 2015 and it looks like they fixed that problem at some point. Need to see if the dealer can get one of these.

At top of picture

post-22501-0-62056400-1438170667_thumb.j

When did they start putting a rubber strip along the back of the boat, under the package tray and doors? My gel is all scratched/worn there from the tray moving around. Saw this picture of a 2015 and it looks like they fixed that problem at some point. Need to see if the dealer can get one of these.

At top of picture

attachicon.gifC__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_01010_7s8YGF3UvHj_600x450.jpg

My 2014 Axis has this. Its grip tape though, not rubber

Edited by Raimie

Your dealer should easily be able to get the VTX grip tape for the back and I believe it started in 2013.

I sent them an email to see. It is one of those things that bugs the crap out of me every time I see it - because it has really rubbed a lot of the gel off. But somehow I always forget to figure out something to do about it after I get home.

I sent them an email to see. It is one of those things that bugs the crap out of me every time I see it - because it has really rubbed a lot of the gel off. But somehow I always forget to figure out something to do about it after I get home.

Are you out of warranty? Mine was fixed on my vRide and then I put some hydroturf down in that area.

FWIW, that piece of grip tape for a VTX is $75 from Malibu. I'm just going to get some standard grip tape at Home Depot for $10 and cover the problem area. Problem I see with hydroturf is that it is thick and the covers already fit plenty tight.

ahopkins22LSV

FWIW, that piece of grip tape for a VTX is $75 from Malibu. I'm just going to get some standard grip tape at Home Depot for $10 and cover the problem area. Problem I see with hydroturf is that it is thick and the covers already fit plenty tight.

It won't say vtx then though :tease2: