Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Our Best Weekend On The MXZ To Date

gordon20mxz

That is AWESOME. I am hoping my wife eventually tries surfing, right now she just really likes being on the water, and she is an A+ flag holder.

I hope you are able to get more weekends like this, to me that is what having the BU is all about.

Great Gordon, happy for you.

Did you put 400 in each locker, or 200 and 200 ?

Actually I don't know what is in the rear lockers. They came with the boat installed by the dealer, and I guess it is whatever Malibu recommends for the rear locker installation for a 20 MXZ.

For surfing I have all the hard tanks filled, the extra bags in the rear lockers filled, 400 pounds of steel shot and the wedge all the way down.

Get up to speed no problem, 9.6 to 10.4 mph with the 350 Monsoon, the torque prop and it runs about 3200 rpm.

4. Our new dog behaved well on the boat (10 months old). This is only his second time on the Malibu and he did well. He even learned to pee on the swim platform!

So how did you teach it to do that? Our 5 month old puppy thinks that the platform is "inside" and won't go there, needs a paddleboard ride into shore.

You should be able to get a lot bigger wake that what's in the picture. Once I added the weight my wife was ropeless the same day. It make a huge difference.

So how did you teach it to do that? Our 5 month old puppy thinks that the platform is "inside" and won't go there, needs a paddleboard ride into shore.

The way I understand it, most puppies will have to pee a short time after they do an vigorous activity. So, I know if we play a lot with our dog inside the house, after we are done playing we take him outside and he will pee.

On the boat the concept continues. When he swims with us a lot behind the boat, we know quite soon afterward he will have to pee. So we kept him on the swim platform after swimming and encouraged him to "go potty". Then as soon as it happens we have doggie treats on the boat and we re-enforce the behavior with a treat immediately.

Now, he did it correctly three times this past weekend, but that does not mean he is fully trained yet. I am sure we will have to continue to work on it the same way.

What lake are you on?

Anyway, congrats on the great weekend!

My wife and I have been doing a lot of lounging in the water and watching other people exert effort. It's been a very lazy summer so far. lol

You should be able to get a lot bigger wake that what's in the picture. Once I added the weight my wife was ropeless the same day. It make a huge difference.

The wake is bigger when I am driving and my son is surfing. My 175 pounds helps. When I am surfing and only my son and my wife are in the boat, the wake is smaller for me.

I think my wife will be able to drop the rope the next time out, she was close last weekend.

I still need to play with moving the steel shot weight around. Right now I have most of it mid-ship. I might try moving it more towards the back.

What lake are you on?

Anyway, congrats on the great weekend!

My wife and I have been doing a lot of lounging in the water and watching other people exert effort. It's been a very lazy summer so far. lol

Elk River and Tennessee River

• Like 1

The wake is bigger when I am driving and my son is surfing. My 175 pounds helps. When I am surfing and only my son and my wife are in the boat, the wake is smaller for me.

I think my wife will be able to drop the rope the next time out, she was close last weekend.

I still need to play with moving the steel shot weight around. Right now I have most of it mid-ship. I might try moving it more towards the back.

I'd check and see what size bag you have first. Its generally easy to increase the size of the rear bag and then supplement the bow/midship weight with the steel shot. The other way around is more difficult.

I'd check and see what size bag you have first. Its generally easy to increase the size of the rear bag and then supplement the bow/midship weight with the steel shot. The other way around is more difficult.

Good point. I will look at them more closely. I don't remember see a volume printed on the bags? I think I could fit taller bags, but not wider bags.

The reason I was playing with steel shot, was because of the information I gained from this site, which was not only to increase the height of the wake but to try to lengthen the wake by moving some weight towards the front. But I know I don't want a bag in the bow seating area.

I will check the bags more closely this weekend.