Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boatmate suspension ?

JBACHMAN13

I have boatmate dual axle trailer for my 2004 wakesetter. after launching the boat saturday i noticed the driver side tire was off the ground. when i loaded the boat it wasnt touching the fender so i headed home. well when i got home the tire was touching the fender. i pulled the tire and torsion arm off. How do i test to see the problem?What next?

^^^ what he said. Call them and if at first they tell you that you need to take measurements for a new axle call back and speak to someone else. My '03 trailers axles failed and they said they could only look up serial numbers 5 years back so I had to take measurements. I was nervous to somehow measure wrong/inaccurate. I ended up calling back and asking for the warranty department (I believe) and they were able to look up my numbers no problem. UFP went up and beyond the call of duty, they warrantied my axle (the broken one) and said they would send me a second axle to replace my good axle since it was probably carrying extra load due to the failed one. This was all 11 years after the trailer was made. The guy was so nice and said UFP stands behind their products 100%. I had to pay about 100 in shipping and I had 2 axles at my door a few weeks later.

They warranteed both of my axles also. I live 60 miles from their manufacturing plant so it only cost me a half tank of gas in my truck and and afternoon to go pick them up. I talk to Dennis in Warranty Dept. He also monitors this site at times.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem on my rear axle. I called them they will ask for the serial number off the bottom of the axle. It is located in the middle of the axle. Make sure you get them off both axles. I called them and they asked for my mailing address and those axle numbers. 5 days later two brand new axles showed up. You will have to remove the trailing arms bc they are just blank axles. I also had to paint my axles. My boat mate trailer is an 05 and I just had this problem in early July of this year.

i have to say that the people at dexter axles are the best. my trailer is 11 years old. they sent me 2 axles free of charge. people they do not have to do this for us. awesome people over there. give them your business.

• 2 weeks later...