Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding under seat surf bag for surfing to existing pump/bags

sidekicknicholas

I have an 04 LSV and want to look into adding another bag under the port seats for surfing. Everyone we ride with is regular so it wouldn't have to move.

My thought was either a tube sac or fat seat bottom (I already have one of these) and try and tie this into the fill/empty of the existing port MLS setup.

My though would be to do this:

s5cauzK.jpg

Valve shut - wakeboard setup and rear bag stays in the rear, open valve to allow for draining through other bag .... will getting it to prime be an issue?

Valve open - fill both bags for surfing, then drain via normal drain pump.

Ideally I wouldn't have to add any holes to the boat, or extra pumps, just upgrade the size/speed of the old ones if things are too slow. My concern is draining through the second bag if I only fill the rear MLS bag for wakeboarding, will it be tough to get a prime going on the drain pump?

Is there a better way that avoids adding holes in the hull and wiring up new pumps?

Thanks!

I don't think the drain pump has enough power to empty everything from the MLS bag.

I'm thinking about my current system which is similar, except I have a hard tank. My tube sac which I currently fill with an elevate pump is not connected. But I considered splitting fill and splitting the drain to avoid an extra pump as well. Problem is, the drain is based on gravity from the 750 bag into the hard tank. Already it can be a pain to empty fully.

Edited by saxton15

I don't think the drain pump has enough power to empty everything from the MLS bag.

The stock works fine at the moment for us... 04' means I had the above the floor hard tanks, so I just have the bag at the moment, and it drains without issue.... so with this split, it would just be doing more of the same as far as I can tell.... just longer drain time.

Problem is, the drain is based on gravity from the 750 bag into the hard tank. Already it can be a pain to empty fully.

Wouldn't this be avoided by not having hard tanks?

just add a second drain pump (one for each bag). The tsunami T800s are like $32 at walmart. It doesn't hurt for aerators to just spin so it doesn't matter if you actually need the overflow sack to drain or not.

Wye the second drain line into your existing drain line.