Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Axis T22 Service Required

The buzzer is going off on my 2016 axis boat. I don't know why. Can you tell me how to reset the service required code.

If you have the battery switch (you should on a 2016 in the passenger storage) put that to the off position for 5min or so. If you dont have that or cannot locate it, disconnect the power lead on the battery for the same amount of time. Will reset the error code (not it will be logged in the ECU for your dealer to reference if needed). 

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar problem last weekend.  Service engine, MIL lights on the console.  It cleared when I killed the power, but control unit showed no active fault codes.  Then the problem kept coming back, going into limp mode.

A friend of mine knew exactly what had happened, and he fixed it.  He said the engine probably sucked up a piece of trash that momentarily blocked the exhaust manifold, setting off a temperature sensor, but not causing a noticeable change in the engine temp.  The trash cleared, but the fault code did not, so even though it's not a current fault code, the engine still kept going into limp mode.  

He hooked a laptop up to the engine and downloaded all of the info.  Turns out he was spot on.  It showed "Previously Active Trouble Code SPN 442 Exhaust Manifold Water Temp 2 WMWT#2 Fault.  He cleared the code, and after that, it ran fine.  What sucks is that you can't clear the code without taking it to a dealer (unless you have a friend with the software and the right cable).

My friend said it's also possible one of the impellers got damaged, so that's something to check, or if there's water in the bilge, it's possible that caused a temperature difference between the two sides of the engine that a sensor picked up.

Besides clearing codes, that diagnostic tool shows all kinds of things about your boat like how many hours it's been run in different ranges of RPMs.  If I ever buy a used boat, I might ask to see that screen.

Good point - besides just clearing the code you should check your intake water screen (clear acrylic cup with a metal screen on your intake) and check the impeller. There are a lot of bad impellers out there that are not holding up.