Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indmar Active Engine Code SPN65595 / 97 FM17?

I've been trying to sort out some engine problems for the last couple weeks after we managed to get water in our fuel tank. After completely draining the fuel tank (or at least to the extent that the fuel pump wasn't picking anything up), adding fresh fuel, and adding some HEET to hopefully absorb any leftover fuel, I'm still having problems. I fired it up this morning, and it seems to run fine, and even revs up (at least to the extent I felt comfortable doing that on the trailer). But now I'm getting two new active engine codes:

SPN:65595 FM1:7 (the 1 might be an L?)

SPN:65597 FM1:7 (the 1 might be an L?)

Both read "Mechanical system not responding"

I can't find anything on line about these codes, and what might be causing them, or more importantly, how I might fix it. Anyone have any ideas?

About to give up and take it into the dealer, been chasing this for awhile now. But I'd really hope to avoid that if possible, as it's going to take time and money...

Thanks in advance for your time and any ideas.

Scott

The boat is a 2014 VTX, only 70 hours, and it was running perfect before my son used an old gas caddy with some stale fuel (and apparently a lot of water in it) to fill the boat. Within minutes after than, we had this issue. We drained the fuel tank, and while it threw the code noted here, the boat is running fine. We tested it quite a bit, and I skied behind it for a couple sets, no problem getting out of the hole or maintaining 32 mph on cruise. I'm going to try to clear the code and see if it throws them again.

thanks to everyone for their guidance on this, especially Hambone, those links were very helpful!

Scott

I had that gremlin when my boat was newish. Dealer changed plugs, cap/rotor, injectors, 02 sensors, knock sensors with no luck. Didn't make sense to me but they seemed to have gotten it resolved when they changed the circ pump and plumbing. 100+ hours and counting with no engine codes. To this day, I don't know how a circ pump could cause a lean condition and misfire but it's working so I'm happy.