Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perrfect pass Display issue

Hi,

I have vLX 2002, with PP installed, but i have a problem with display ....i know there are a lot topics about it, (display is sometimes working ,sometimes not, sometimes partially ,pixellized etc),but still , anyone fixed this?

Someone has one for sale, used...?Kinda on a budget ....

Thanks in advance

regards

pv

If you've read threads on PP issues I'm sure you've heard that they are a great company to deal with. Give them a call and they'll get your straight. Probably for little or no cost. They are awesome.

Before you start blindly changing parts, on a budget, check your voltage to Perfect Pass. If you aren't getting 12 volts with the key on, that's the problem and a new gauge will just do the same thing. Also, is this Stargazer or the single line display?

Thought I'd throw this in, not to hijack.

My gauge would fail after a very moist night (boat covered). It would take an hour or two in the heat for the display to come back. PP suggested the capacitors(?) for the display are getting sensitive to moisture, I could pull the display apart and reseal....which I tried (they recommended a special spray). It partially worked. I ended up ordering a new display (last year). This year, I randomly get either a jumbled display or no display at all (with the new gauge). Maybe 2-3 times a weekend, Key off/on usually clears it. I emailed PP and they agreed to send a new display. I installed it, funny thing, the LCD is upside down compared to the buttons and writing when it powers up. After some back and forth, (I though it was assembled wrong), they evidently have changed the design, and the new display is a version "3", and works with a different newer chip.

They are now sending me a version 2 display.

Before you start blindly changing parts, on a budget, check your voltage to Perfect Pass. If you aren't getting 12 volts with the key on, that's the problem and a new gauge will just do the same thing. Also, is this Stargazer or the single line display?

its not a single line, i think its 6.5