Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Response LX 320 LCR Bogging

malibuboats91

I have a 2007 Response LX with the 320 LCR. I filled it up with gas and while pulling my son skiing it lost power and would only go about 36 mph. I figured that it was bad fuel so I bought a bottle of techron and put an additional 10 gallons of gas in. Now it will kind of rev to go full throttle but then bog down. Any ideas?

I pulled the battery and threw it on the charger and it's fine. The only other things I can think of is I used a non-marine grade cap and rotor. Any ideas?

I did plugs, cap/rotor and fuel filter this morning and she's back to normal. Since the problem started it would top out at 39ish and its back up to 54-55. I put in NGK TR55's and left them at the gap of .060 from the factory. My old ones I had at .045. Any ideas if that's right?

Curious, how many fuel filters does your boat have?

As far as I know it only has one. It's right in the top of the pump. Very small filter.

The book says that the plug gap for the LCR is supposed to be .050 if that is still in question. On my LCR I have a small fist sized fuel filter inline from the tank. I see that yours is a couple of years newer, so you may have to go digging in the fuel tank. Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1

The book says that the plug gap for the LCR is supposed to be .050 if that is still in question. On my LCR I have a small fist sized fuel filter inline from the tank. I see that yours is a couple of years newer, so you may have to go digging in the fuel tank. Good luck and happy hunting.

Thanks for the reply! Mine actually calls for a .060 gap. My fuel filter is in the top of the pump. This is the second time I've replaced it.