Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Howto remove my radio?

Hi All, I'm having some dificulties by removing my radio.

First I tried to remove the radio from the surrounding frame as it normally should be removed but this not seem to work. I can't get any movement in it.

Therefore I tried to remove the radio including the metal frame. This is starting to work as you can see on the picture but I can't get it completely out of it. I seems that the cables are too short. But then I wonder how they could ever get it in there...?

Does anybody knows the right way to remove the radio. The reason that I want to have it out is that my right speakers are not working anymore so I want to check the connections.

sfikja.jpg

1zd96v5.jpg

You need 2 thin metal strips or long skinny screw driver to slide in between the head unit and the mounting sleeve

The thin metal frame with the rust spots is the mounting sleeve, and it is locked onto a tension clip, by sliding the screwdriver or metal strip you disengage the clip and should be able to pull it out..

Or you can force it out by pushing the whole thing out form the backside , this will Ben the teeth of the sleeve

Edited by Stevo

Thanks for the tips but this is the way that does not work for me. I think the radio is rusted to the mounting sleeve therefore I tried to pull out the radio and the mounting sleeve together. But I still can get it out for only 1 inch and then it is stuck again, I think because the cables are too short. Maybe someone has a different method? I am also not able to access it from behind.