Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu 22 MXZ

WSW322312

Hey,

My first post, so be gentle! :)

I am looking at a fully loaded, super clean 2013 22 MXZ. It has 62 fresh water hours and looks brand new. When i say clean, it is spotless!

I am hearing from some that the screens on the 2013 models have some issues and sometimes get the "blue screen of death". Can someone or anyone, pls comment on that?

Also, I am hearing the 22 MXZ does not produce as tall a surfing wake as a 22 VLX.

Lastly, I have a 2010 VLX with standard blast and two 750 lb fat sacks. Is it worth spending $35k to $40k on a 2013 MXZ as described above. (The boat will be used for boat young and older surfers / wakeboarder of beginner to intermediate skills.

There is a Malibu Dealer on the lake where I will currently use my boat and will be, if I decide to upgrade as well.

Love Malibu Boats, but cannot afford to spend over $75,000, out the door.

Many, Many Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions!

2013 screen is fine. Just make sure it has latest firmware. If you have a 2010 VLX now, I don't think you will get a $35-40k better wave (I assume you meant $35-$40k on top of what you sell you current boat for. Still confused on math. You can prob sell your 2010 for $50-$60k depending on options, hours, and overall condition.

Edited by bunji169

Thank you. Yes, it would be $30k plus my current 2010 VLX. The VLX does not have Surf Gate. I have two 750 lb bladder sacks but am looking for an automatic way to change sides of the wake, etc....