Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need picture of 6.0 (L96) w/out heater

Can someone w/ a 6.0 (L96) engine w/out a heater please post a picture of the thermostat housing and how the heater inlet/outlet are capped/plugged on the housing?

I'm troubleshooting a cooling issue and one of the steps I'm taking along the way is pulling the heater out of the equation. When I've got everything figured out I'm going to write up a set of troubleshooting steps because it sounds like I'm not the only one running into the same issue and I've found >1 issue along the way that is contributing to the problem, which is making things more difficult than the usual cooling issue to address.

Thanks!

Mike

Edited by mlange

Easiest thing to do to eliminate the heater is to just put a hose loop in. Just get a length of hose long enough to reach from the inlet to the outlet and connect them together.

Yeah, thought about both of those and already have a piece of hose to just put a loop in, but given the nature of the cooling issue I had I'm trying to get as close to stock as possible.

Mike

Yeah, thought about both of those and already have a piece of hose to just put a loop in, but given the nature of the cooling issue I had I'm trying to get as close to stock as possible.

Mike

Wanna talk about it?

Can someone w/ a 6.0 (L96) engine w/out a heater please post a picture of the thermostat housing and how the heater inlet/outlet are capped/plugged on the housing?

I'm troubleshooting a cooling issue and one of the steps I'm taking along the way is pulling the heater out of the equation. When I've got everything figured out I'm going to write up a set of troubleshooting steps because it sounds like I'm not the only one running into the same issue and I've found >1 issue along the way that is contributing to the problem, which is making things more difficult than the usual cooling issue to address.

Thanks!

Mike

The 6.0 Leaves here with a short looped hose between the two heater fittings. That engine needs to have a water flow path between the heater hose fittings or it will overheat so you can't just cap them off. Applications with a heater need to have an electric "boost-pump" in the heater loop to help push water through the heater core. Malibu is now installing boost pumps in boats with 6.0 and 6.2L engines that have factory heaters installed.

Thanks much Larry. It's much appreciated. I was finally able to figure out my issue this weekend. The way my heater was plumbed in it looks like that short looped hose that you mention was kept in place for my heater and spliced into the hose going to the circulation pump via a male/male barb. After putting the loop back in place the engine is now running at 158-160. After three years of trying to chase this down I'm a happy guy now.

New heater circulation pump is on the way so I'll plumb everything back in then.

Mike

Edited by mlange