Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Forget the wrist band I can't wait for this on 2016

blake0129

I did this on my 2013. I haven't done it yet on my 2015. I'm sure it has video inputs as well. Pretty simple and inexpensive. Less than $20 and you have rear view camera. Works best for surfing. Wakeboarding rider is a little too far away for rear view camera.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45317-introducing-lucyview/?hl=%2Brearview+%2Bcamera

How is this better than looking in the rear view mirror? Now, if they allowed you to press a record button on the dash that recorded the video footage to a thumb drive in the glove box, I would see some benefit.

Get the GoPro mount, put your cell phone in the dash cradle, use the bluetooth app on your phone, and you have everything you could ask for.

Edited by Cory
  • Like 3

I just went out to my boat and plugged a rear view Camera into the video jack in glove box. Pressed Media on 7" Touchscreen then selected camera. It displays image on screen. When I started boat, it changed back to main screen but video box in middle still displayed camera.

I just have to find best place to mount it now.

post-9687-0-31409700-1437700632_thumb.jp

Edited by bunji169
  • Like 2

How is this better than looking in the rear view mirror? Now, if they allowed you to press a record button on the dash that recorded the video footage to a thumb drive in the glove box, I would see some benefit.

Get the GoPro mount, put your cell phone in the dash cradle, use the bluetooth app on your phone, and you have everything you could ask for.

I actually use one of these

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-1-Feet-Coiled-Lightning-USBCLT30CMB/dp/B00FZM2VTG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1437705835&sr=8-4&keywords=iphone+6+power+cord+coiled

when my phone is in the cradle to charge off the USB port directly below the cradle. Not only does it keep my phone charged, but more importantly it keeps the screen of my phone ALWAYS on. My phone is essentially a third display interface on my dash. I purchased the black 1ft coiled one.

Soon Mastercraft will have an unveiling of their version and so will a Nautique

MC already unveiled the in dash video feed for the tower cam a few years ago. (And now for the go pro setup as well)

Not sure they would ever do a back up cam though. It seems pretty pointless to me, especially if you already have a video feed from the tower cam. Although the touchscreen does have 3 video inputs.

I don't see myself ever wanting it. I suppose it has some cool factor though.

I'm more interested in the rear convertible seat. Too bad it won't be available in vlx

Do you know if it will be available on the 23 lsv?

hmm... i'm waiting to read some real live tests with the camera. Right now, i don't think its better then a mirror. I think in sunlight the mirror is way better then a camera and display. But.. who knows i could be wrong.

But the rear view seat is something every serious wake boat should have, imho. Its not only nice for the people to watch.. its super cool and easy to move the "voice controlled ballast" a little to get the perfect wake ;-).

Edited by OneCent
ahopkins22LSV

The promo video for the 25lsv said the rear facing bench seat will be an option on all wakesetters. I have no confirmation but that sounds like it will be available on the vlx. I could see it not being and option on the vtx due to size

The promo video for the 25lsv said the rear facing bench seat will be an option on all wakesetters. I have no confirmation but that sounds like it will be available on the vlx. I could see it not being and option on the vtx due to size

Dealer told me no

Just confirmed with my dealer that the '16 VLX will NOT have the wakeview flip over seat as an option. That may cost Malibu some sales considering most other brands now have this option. I know my wife is really bummed and if momma ain't happy, well you know the rest.