Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to me surf board

soonerbilly

I just got an Inland Surfer Blue Lake off of CL. I'm 6' 225, I know its a little late now, but is this a good board for me? Everywhere I read about the IS stuff they get GREAT reviews so I just figured I'd ask here. ( would I have been better off looking for a Red Rocket? )

I just got an Inland Surfer Blue Lake off of CL. I'm 6' 225, I know its a little late now, but is this a good board for me? Everywhere I read about the IS stuff they get GREAT reviews so I just figured I'd ask here. ( would I have been better off looking for a Red Rocket? )

Horrible board you can just sell it to me for $100. :lol: . I am looking for a board for my bigger friends / beginners and the blue lake and red rocket are on my radar, just can't justify paying for one.

I ended up finding mine for 350 with 75 shipping. Which isn't cheap but nowhere near the price for one new. I'll let you know how it does, I'm kind of new to surfing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well got to ride the board this weekend. Very easy to ride, first board I didn't have to fight with to stay in the pocket. I can now start to try to slash around and do something besides just sit there. It has some pretty big fins that keep it pretty locked in where can I get smaller fins to help loosed it up a bit. It's also a MUCH BIGGER board than I was thinking it would be.

The Blue Lake is my boat board and I use it for all the new surfers to ride since it is such a big board. It is easy to get up on and stay in the pocket (even on smaller DD wakes). I bought mine used as well off CL and am glad I did since it gets used and abused regularly!