Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HELP! I BLEW a trailer tire!

Malibudoc

I really would appreciate anyone that may have an active coupon code that I may buy a new rim and tire for my boat!!! Thanks sooooooo much!!!!

At overton's, the word "malibu" is always good for 10%. I just used it a couple weeks ago. You can even do it on a phone order. Hopefully disclosing that doesn't violate any forum rules. If so, delete it.

Just go to your local Les Schwab, Big O, Discount Tire,...they're all about the same price for this type of tire/wheel. No shipping, no waiting,...immediate customer service if a problem pops up. :)

Check out Taskmaster tires site. Aluminum wheel/ tire combo ~$90.00.

I currently have the 205/75/14 steel wheel. Would the aluminum be a good replacement? That's so cheap compared to the steel one??, which is what I currently have??? How can that be?

My local Big O doesn't stock the trailer tires here. :(

Edited by Malibudoc
I got one for free shipping. Not sure if it is good for a spare wheel.

Let me know if you want it.

Ken

I would LOVE this! Shipping is a killer and if it works it would save a bunch!!! Lookes like I will need the wheel too as my rim bent during the blowout.

Are these wheels ballanced??? anyone know?

You wouldn't necessarily feel it in the 'pull' (unless they were extremely out of balance) but an out of balance tire will wear unevenly and therefore be worn-out quicker. Plus, Malibudoc has a Sporty and most Sporties are on single axle trailers...I would not be risking an out of balance tire on a S/A trailer. No.gif

Check out Taskmaster tires site. Aluminum wheel/ tire combo ~$90.00.

I currently have the 205/75/14 steel wheel. Would the aluminum be a good replacement? That's so cheap compared to the steel one??, which is what I currently have??? How can that be?

My local Big O doesn't stock the trailer tires here. :(

They don't have them in stock but could have them at the store that same day or with in 2 days.

You wouldn't necessarily feel it in the 'pull' (unless they were extremely out of balance) but an out of balance tire will wear unevenly and therefore be worn-out quicker. Plus, Malibudoc has a Sporty and most Sporties are on single axle trailers...I would not be risking an out of balance tire on a S/A trailer. No.gif

Yup!! you want to balance them puppys. For the extra cost of balancing its cheap insurance from your tire cupping and hopping down the road.

Mine also were 205/75/14 chrome steel modular. I bought 5 Taskmaster aluminum combos and they are a direct fit. I couldn't believe the prices either. I went and picked them up so as to avoid shipping. Just got back from 10 hours of towing without a problem. They seem to be the real deal.

Edited by YJim

The one I bought from Overtons last time were mounted and full of air when they arrived. It ran well when I had to replace the blown one.

I'm really wondering about the aluminum ones linked above. Has anyone actually bought these? Are they an OK quality?

No trailer mfg balances tires that I'm aware of. But for the smoothest riding trailer, go ahead and balance it.

Peter

I'm really wondering about the aluminum ones linked above. Has anyone actually bought these? Are they an OK quality?
Mine also were 205/75/14 chrome steel modular. I bought 5 Taskmaster aluminum combos and they are a direct fit. I couldn't believe the prices either. I went and picked them up so as to avoid shipping. Just got back from 10 hours of towing without a problem. They seem to be the real deal.

Please try to keep up.... :lol: