Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower biminis

marroquin

Does anyone have experience with towerbiminis.com? I am looking for a bimini for my 2005 iRide with the Titan III tower. Specifically, I'm interested in how well it collapses to the tower when not in use. Does anyone have any pictures or videos of how the quick release clamps work? In emailing with the folks at towerbiminis.com, they say that they don't have any pictures or videos at this time.

I'd like to get a feel for how this works before I drop $900 on the product.

Any reviews in general about these biminis?

thanks

did you check out onlyinboards.com? Ian is a great guy to do business with

In looking at onlyinboard.com, I would venture to guess that they are the exact same bimini. The 2 sites use the same images.

My buddies' iRide.

JeffsXTI.jpg

While he loves it, he doesn't ever break it down. I'd go above the tower any day, it just makes the boat feel so much bigger.

OTB.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I love my towerbiminis.com bimini! Unfortunately I have the Ilusion X on my boat so my pics wouldn't help you but I can say the company is top notch. I had an issue with one of the bows when it shipped. I didn't find the problem until I unpackaged the bimini two months after receiving it. I was worried they wouldn't help me out since it had been so long. They sure did though. They even went so far as to overnight ship me a new bow so that I wouldn't miss having the bimini on for the weekend. I will never own another brand bimini for any of my future boats. I can't say enough good things about this bimini and the company. I hope this helps. Good luck!

• Like 2

My buddies' iRide.

JeffsXTI.jpg

that's the exact same image as what is on the towerbimini.com's website............

does he have images of how the quick connect clamps work?

that's the exact same image as what is on the towerbimini.com's website............

does he have images of how the quick connect clamps work?

No, he rarely breaks it down.

I ordered a bimini top from towerbiminis.com for my old Mastercraft about 8 years ago. I did so in the spring, they were very busy, so it took a long time to get it.

But, it was an awesome bimini. Very sturdy when up. Didn't rattle or vibrate or anything. I could hang from the thing.

When it was folded up and strapped to the tower, it rattled around like a mofo. But, that's to be expected, I think.

Overall I was very happy with it and would make the purchase again.

4773404926_3ff6379627_b.jpg

9489104333_8cc332c3cf_h.jpg

4773419772_a37ca0ea64_b.jpg

Edited by qwertyking

Just remember, while higher biminis are convenient for walking under, you do lose shade based on the angle of the sun in the sky. You may have no shade in the boat depending on where the sun is. Exhibit A, the Mastercraft photo above. There is a woman in the observers seat, yet she has no shade.

Just an FYI

Edited by wakebrdr94

Bill_AirJunky

That tower you show on the Response - who makes that? titanwake.com doesn't exist. I found some of the accessories on bakes, but they don't offer it for a Titan III - your picture is a Titan III. I'd like to consider an over-the-top. towerbiminis.com doesn't offer an over-the-top for the Titan III

Titan Towers is now Star One Wake I believe. T3 no longer made.

I tried to use TowerBiminis earlier this year for my '98 Echelon with Star One DL6 tower, but they didn't have an OTT template for it and would have required me to take the boat to their facility and leave there for a few weeks, which is understandable. I ended up using a local shop like Bill did for OTT bimini, got it 3 days ago for $850.

You may want to shop local upholstery and bring lots of pictures to the shop.

Edited by DIE2SURF

Yea, i dont know if Titans OTT bimini is available any more. I had my OTT bimini made by a local shop to my specs based on a handful of pics I brought in. I'm bald & fair skinned & have plenty of shade. And get tons of compliments.

IMG_20150510_095514917_HDR_zpsadgbhjkg.j

I had a great experience with towerbimini.com. they are the only place that still had a templete for my tower, a cft blade. The turn around was pretty quick and the quality has been awsome so far. Their mounting instructions were pretty good, not perfect but pretty good. My only complaint is with the frame design the tensioning poles put quite a bit of force on the quick release surface mounts and sometime they can be difficult to release. But I doubt that anyone else would have a bimini that mounts that way.

I will definitly use towerbimini.com again on my next boat.

• Like 2

Two years ago I had a new tower installed & Towerbimini installed the top. I have nothing but good things to say. The bimini is top notch & the quality is excellent. I am not sure if things have changed but I sent them all measurements for my tower & they were able to just do some final tweaking on the frame when I took the boat to them. I was in and out in a couple of hours. Not sure of your location??

I would highly recommend them.

David