Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cudos to Michigan Malibu Dealer

I have a thread going about my "whining fuel pump" on the forum and have received a lot of great tips on what the problem may be.

After several hundreds of $$ at my local AL dealer with no resolution to my problem, I stopped in at Skier Pier (Malibu dealer) in Waterford, MI while traveling on business in the area today. WOW! What a great staff!! One of their techs spent 45 min with me going over possibilities of my problem and pulled parts off the shelf to show me where and what to look for. You guys in MI have a great resource there.

In partial defense of my AL, dealer they just got the Malibu dealership, (old dealer dropped Malibu for Mastercraft!?!) and are still learning.. But, an Indmar is an Indamar and they have made it seem I'm crazy for expecting them to find the problem after large $$ with nothing to show.

I have read several post about bad dealers so thought I would pass on a great experience,(and a bad one, I guess) to the Crew.

Don't mind sharing. It's now Singelton/ Trident Marine. It was Ryan Creek Marina and they have not been a dealer of any brand for 5+ years. New owners took over in April and got Malibu a few weeks ago. Nice enough folks but as an example: When I mentioned to the tech I read on this forum cleaning the intake fuel screen on the bottom of the pump he tells me that pump doesn't have a screen. I showed him the intake line and said that's where it is he still insisted no screen.

I know exactly where you are talking about. I'm just a few miles down the road from them. I havent been in there since they opened as Singleton, and I dont know if they retained any of the former service guys but I have never had good luck with service / parts at that location. And that goes back to when it was the Nautique dealership.

I keep my boat at Trident (formerly Ryan's Creek). All new staff, pretty much from top to bottom, if what I heard is correct. Ryan's Creek Marina was a DISASTER and I wouldn't let my boat go within 5 miles of that place... but the new owners are awesome and cleared out all the bad attitudes. (and have done a phenomenal job.) Trident brought in Singleton for the sales and service, then Singleton bought Rambo after MC dropped them, and now they're kind of a joint deal there. You were probably dealing with Rambo service techs, who spent who knows how long badmouthing Malibu before Mastercraft dropped them. ;) (just kidding.... well, kinda.)

But yeah, they've only been selling Malibu for about 2-3 weeks. Anything Indmar related, I always call Skier's Marine in Athens or Westover still since they're still an Indmar certified shop. lol

Interesting what is being said about RC marina. The boat I purchased used from another place had been kept at RC marina. From the bit I saw I would not have kept it there myself. It did not deter me from buying it but let's just say the oil filter had 2007 written on it and the oil was a bit on the used side. Only 240 hrs on the boat but my practice has always been every year change it even if it only had 10 hours on it. Now skiers marine, I would work with. SMG seems to be top notch so far that I can tell also. Good to hear about skiers pier. I had thought of buying a boat long distance and the ones I saw from them last year all looked good. Only saw pics but they were well done.

As far as I know, none of the guys at Trident are from Rambo.

Rambo, at least the HG location, had an excellent parts dept, didnt have much experience with their service though.

• Like 1

As far as I know, none of the guys at Trident are from Rambo.

Rambo, at least the HG location, had an excellent parts dept, didnt have much experience with their service though.

Wonder who they snagged then? I mean, they've been a shop for about 3 weeks. lol

I know of at least one local guy that previously worked for Ryan Creek - but not the last group before Trident - went back there after doing his own thing for a few years. I dont know where the rest came from.

James is running the shop and he was at Skiers a while back. At least one tech is from the old group but don't know his name.