Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Wake - Sunscape LSV

maliboo

We tried to get a surf wake from my friends 05' 21' LSV. We could never get it to clean up. We tried the stock ballast and 2 side sacks( on top of each other) on one side in the rear and an additional big sack in the bow, wedge up, wedge down, all speeds 9 -11 mph. It would never clean up enough to get free of the rope. Whats the trick on this boat??? I have surfed behind my RLXI with just the wedge and 6 people back in the corner, I could get free and ride until my legs were tired. Thanks for any help.

Dwayne

You probably need to work more with the speed.

This last weekend I got to surf behind a couple of different Bu's and one glaring difference was what the speedometer reads.

Regardless of calibration some were as low as 8mph and one was 12.5.

With all of your ballast set and wedge down, keep applying speed until it cleans up - thats your boats surf speed.