Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1999 DHM Trailer Question

ahurtinalbertan

Ok- so I am guessing I can't post pics on iphone. But I will try to describe my question anyhow.

I have a '99 Response LX on a '99 DHM trailer. On my old MC PS205 there was a small roller and a boat buddy. On my DHM there is a pair of funky guides which fold forwards at the pull of a pin and then just the winch.

Why on earth do these guides fold down forwards!? They rock back and forth rattling like a......(insert farmer phrase here).

Can they be more secured or even welded down should I decide to repaint at a later date? (This trailer needs love- boat does not).

Thijs

They roll forward so you can put a cover on if the boat is snug against them . Simple way to stop the rattle is to route the winch strap underneath it before securing to the boat. When you tighten the winch it will not rattle. post-23-0-78855600-1437316083_thumb.jpg

I love it! Thanks muchly. One day my trailer will be pretty like yours.

Can't be blamed for other people not having bum retention like myself.

• 1 year later...

Final solution- removed the whole dang assembly. I aim for the back of the truck when trailering the boat now. Its not hard to get on straight. Looks and sounds way better ;)

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:01 PM, ahurtinalbertan said:

Final solution- removed the whole dang assembly. I aim for the back of the truck when trailering the boat now. Its not hard to get on straight. Looks and sounds way better ;)

No bow stop?

Didn't really look like it would do much anyhow. IT does have the V shaped cradle near the waterline in the cradle and my bow chain is quite skookum and tight. 

Was playing with the idea of a boat-buddy; but they can be a nuisance too.