Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fly High 750's draining?

kmagnuss_2000

Hi all. I have a 05' V'Ride and I switched out the hard tanks for the Pro X Fly High 750's. I really like them, but they keep draining while I'm riding. What gives? I hooked them up exactly like the hard tanks were hooked up. There are no leaks anywhere from the tubing. When I'm riding, I don't see any water coming out of the drains on the sides of the boat. So... any suggestions?

-Keith

That's a good question. I usually just keep filling them up, so I'm not exactly sure if they drain all the way or not. I see your point though, because they may just be siphoning.

FYI...they aren't leaking in the boat...otherwise the bilge would have come on I suppose.

No...I actually just took out the hard tanks, and replaced them with these. They hooked up exactly the same, and I didn't even have to get any new connectors or fittings (except to extend the hoses a little)

I had to put a check valve on the fill line and a quater turn ball valve on the drain line to keep mine from draining. The weight of the water in the bag is to much for a loop. Yours are currently slowly draining out of the drain hole when you are riding.

No...I actually just took out the hard tanks, and replaced them with these. They hooked up exactly the same, and I didn't even have to get any new connectors or fittings (except to extend the hoses a little)

I assume your fill line is to one of the upper fittings on the bag? How is that line routed to the bag? Does the fill location on the bag represent the highest point along between the line? I am thinking that due to the size of that bag it probably is. The water is likely siphoning back out through the fill pump. I think River Runner had this issue and had to put in check valves to keep the water in the bags.

Oops. River Runner beat me to it while I was typing....

Edited by srud
I had to put a check valve on the fill line and a quater turn ball valve on the drain line to keep mine from draining. The weight of the water in the bag is to much for a loop. Yours are currently slowly draining out of the drain hole when you are riding.

I agree, I've had it happen on another system that I did & looping the line didn't help.

It is syphoning back past your fill pump.. mine does that too on occasion.

2 fixes:

1) don't overfill - the built up pressure will get the syphon moving

2) pull up on the fill hose, after you're done filling, allowing it to suck in a little air that is in the top of the bag. This will break the suction & subsequent syphon back into the lake. If you haven't overfilled, it will aid in getting enough flex in the sac to get the bubble to move up to the fill hose

done!

Another thing that you could do would be to buy a couple of automatic solenoid valves & put one on each fill line.

yea, or have a small person ride in each locker, and pinch off each fill tube, so the water doesn't flow back Tongue.gif

Or you could get rid of the sacs and have two guys ride in the locker... :lol:

That sounds just "a little gay". ROFL.gif

i prefer our VAB over the suggested BBBB anyday

-krak

I looked at the bags today after riding for awhile, and they appeared to have stopped draining out when they were about 3/4 full or so. So I'm assuming it is a siphoning issue. I think I'll just deal with it for now, and maybe add a check valve or something later on. Thanks for the help guys.

where is everyone getting these 750lb sacs from? Wakeside? $150 a piece is pretty steep!!

anyone?

$150 wakeside. Buywake has the same, but $10 more for colors.

You can get them from Buywake for the 150, then apply the 20% discount from Buywake.

Edited by tgaugh

where is everyone getting these 750lb sacs from? Wakeside? $150 a piece is pretty steep!!

anyone?

$150 wakeside. Buywake has the same, but $10 more for colors.

You can get them from Buywake for the 150, then apply the 20% discount from Buywake.

Thanks a lot tgaugh - what is the buywake discount code for the 20% off?

thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI...last weekend I installed the ball valves to the fill lines on the sacs and the problem is cured! Thanks guys...it took me roughly 4 minutes to do the install once I gathered up the parts from Home Depot ($10). Just got a surfboard today...hopefully we'll try it out this weekend.