Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GPS cruise glitching?

Yesterday 7-11-15 we had our Zero Off GPS cruise go whacky. Speedo would not hold speed either manual or in cruise mode. It would constantly surge up and down. When trying to use cruise, that would make the engine constantly try you compensate. Well two hours later, all worked perfect. Another friend on a lake 60 miles away also had speedo errors. Hope it was satellite errors and not my setup. Anyone else experience problems on that date? We did the workaround by using RPM mode and went on our way to save the day. Is there a way to switch from GPS cruise Back to Paddle wheel? I know my paddle wheel is still under the boat. Did not look through the setup screen but don't remember seeing that option any other time.

I'm going out on a big ol' limb and telling you that there's no way it was satellite errors.

Well I'm just glad it fixed itself. Now if it does it again, can I switch to paddle wheel speed? I know I can go RPM mode. Maybe that big ole limb was blocking my satelite!

I had GPS cruise on my 2013 VLX, the only thing I had happen was an occasional surge from what appeared to be a loss of signal, never more than a few seconds and it rarely happened. And I was on the water all day on Saturday with Zero Off GPS and never experienced one problem with surging.

Well I'm just glad it fixed itself. Now if it does it again, can I switch to paddle wheel speed? I know I can go RPM mode. Maybe that big ole limb was blocking my satelite!

One thing to watch is putting stuff over the GPS puck, especially if the puck is looking through the dash. Wet items are the very worst. If it does it again, maybe it's not the limb, but a wet towel instead.

I did have the same thing happen to me on that same date. It was around 1pm Eastern. I was pulling someone surfing and the boat just started slowing down then speeding up, and I noticed the speedo going all over the place. I turned the boat so the surfer would just surf past and then cut the throttle. The speedo just kept jumping around from 0 all the way up to 20. I turned off the ignition, waited about 10 seconds, started the boat back up and it was still doing it. I then turned the ignition off, left it for about 5 minutes, then started it again and all was good. I have had this happen to me about once each summer since I installed the Nautic Laugic NL4. I just chalked it up to some intermittent communication issue with the satellites (solar flare? :)).

ahopkins22LSV

Should just be able to turn ZO off and use Malibu Cruise right? Not sure of your dash setup though.

Any chance you guys having problems had a big rain the night before or left the cover off in excessively humid conditions where condensation could build up? A little moisture in the wrong place can cause a lot of problems but dries out in the hot sun and the problem disappears. ZO has a host of accelerometers in it if I remember correctly... any chance you were thumping a subwoofer harder than normal?

I didn't use ZO on that day on the east coast but I did use my GPS Stargazer that day around 1:30-3:00 and didn't have any problems.

Edited by jfw432

Sub was not thumping, nothing covering puck, it is on the outside of the hull in front of driver window. Oh yes it's humid now but hot and sunny a that time, all was dry. Approxamitly 2 PM central time when it happened. After 4 pm all was good.

ahopkins22LSV

Hmm, yeah other than speculating that you might be able to switch the source for cruise in the mtc or maliview settings I'm going to be no help sorry. Don't know why I thought it would look like my dash :lol: sorry.

My gps cruise (2014 vlx) has stopped working. Two weeks ago it started to surge a bit but was fine most of the day. Then yesterday the gps would not work at all. Speedo stayed at 0 while cruising and would not even work in cruise mode.. Had to switch to paddle wheel.. Anyone else have this issue?

ahopkins22LSV

My gps cruise (2014 vlx) has stopped working. Two weeks ago it started to surge a bit but was fine most of the day. Then yesterday the gps would not work at all. Speedo stayed at 0 while cruising and would not even work in cruise mode.. Had to switch to paddle wheel.. Anyone else have this issue?

Is your puck still connected?

Call Kelly at Nautic Laugic. They had a glitch re my earlier post about a yaer ago in production. They have it nailed down and u will probably have to send your box back for re programming if its indeed their product. Kelly has been great to deal with and fully stands behind his product

I decided to take the boat out to the lake today to see if I could get it working... All connections were checked and were good.. So I moved onto a hard reset... (Disconnect batteries) and that solved the problem:)