Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Remote Mounted Oil Filter

SURFRAY

First oil change on my 2006 VLX this week. The filter gave me some problems but mostly my fault bc I didn't have the right filter wrench. Mad.gif It wouldn't give way until I borrowed a bigger wrench. But no oil was spilled and the bilge is still clean as a whistle Biggrin.gif

Has anybody seen a clean installation of a remote mounted oil filter kit on our boats? I promised myself for years that I'd upgrade to a remote filter. I thought Malibu would do it for me, but I guess not. That's OK, I like modifications to my little toy.

Dave

First oil change on my 2006 VLX this week. The filter gave me some problems but mostly my fault bc I didn't have the right filter wrench. Mad.gif It wouldn't give way until I borrowed a bigger wrench. But no oil was spilled and the bilge is still clean as a whistle Biggrin.gif

Has anybody seen a clean installation of a remote mounted oil filter kit on our boats? I promised myself for years that I'd upgrade to a remote filter. I thought Malibu would do it for me, but I guess not. That's OK, I like modifications to my little toy.

Dave

To my knowledge no one has done io on here... (BICBW) Great idea though. I had one on my F-250 but took it off as the hoses were too close to the exhaust. I feared a disaster.

I feel 'ya with the difficulty removing the filter. I spent 30 min on my head trying to remove the factory filter on the '04. NO WAY IN HELL did they lube the gasket.... I actually destroyed the filter.

Pat

I have a remote mount kit on my 23 LSV with 8.1. With the shower pump, it is next to impossible to remove the oil filter. Indmar sells the kit and it was not that difficult to install. The kit includes a bracket that mounts to the engine block near the dip stick. I changed the oil last weekend and it was a breeze. Worth every penny.

I have a remote mount kit on my 23 LSV with 8.1. With the shower pump, it is next to impossible to remove the oil filter. Indmar sells the kit and it was not that difficult to install. The kit includes a bracket that mounts to the engine block near the dip stick. I changed the oil last weekend and it was a breeze. Worth every penny.

Hey, that's great news Yahoo.gif thanks for the post. Where did you get the kit? I love money spent to make life easier. Biggrin.gif Now that I think of it...that's why I bought this boat. Biggrin.gifBiggrin.gif

Hey, that's great news Yahoo.gif thanks for the post. Where did you get the kit? I love money spent to make life easier. Biggrin.gif Now that I think of it...that's why I bought this boat. Biggrin.gifBiggrin.gif

My dealer got it directly from Indmar.