Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Large floating mat

Raimie

Ok, since you guys seem to be the best source for deals (thanks again SD on the Bombers :) ) I figured I would see if anyone here knows the best place to buy one of those large non-inflatable floating mats.

I am not looking to spend $500, but would really like to get one of those for my kiddos to play on.

So...anyone have a lead on a deal??? Possible group buy??

SAMs club has one but it's not quite as big as the 500.00 ones and if I remember right it was around 370.00. We have the Aqua lilly pad (6x18) and they have a good special right now. 650 for 2 of the 6x12 units and free shipping. Shipping on these is usually around 100 each

I bought the sams club mat for $270 and had it two weeks before my teenager jumper off the boat onto the mat and his foot went straight through the mat. These are not all the same and you really get what you pay for. Luckily Sams took the mat back and gave me a refund. Also the cheaper Sams mats are not as buoyant as the other mats. I have seen the Aqua Lilly and Maui Mat (Same maker just different color and sizes) and these cost more but are more buoyant and better quality. Also the iFloat mat is a very good quality and thick mat but has no UV protection and will fade. The Aqua Lily and Maui Mat have UV and will not fade as fast. I bough the Maui Mat and it will hold about 5-6 adults very well and if you are around 180lbs you can walk on it no problem. The big problem is shipping it cost around $150 to ship and the Lily Mat dealer in Southern California eats $100 per mat and charges $50.00 to ship. I spent $500 on mine and it was by far the best boat purchase I have made. It rolls up very easy with velco straps and you can transport it on the rear swim step of the boat.

http://aqualilypad.com/

https://www.ifloats.com/

Edited by Doublee133
  • Like 2

we keep our aqualilly pad at the dock. People jump on it from the dock all the time, no issues. On year 2.

Check with aqualilly pad to see if a local person is selling them. Some guy in KC bought like 30 and sells them out of his companies warehouse, which was for appliances. shady, but we got our 6x18 for 500 from him.

Does everyone just roll these up and put them on the back for transport? Seems ungainly and unsightly to say the least.

I am going to leave it at the dock or occasionally take it with us on the pontoon to a little bay we hang out in. I wouldn't want to haul it around all the time on the swim platform.

I just purchased the Chill Raft from noodleman. 6 x 20. 1800 lb capacity. They claim to be sturdier and thicker than others. Mine was $749 delivered. Had a blast over the 4th hanging out on it. I just leave it in the garage unrolled when not using it. When I put it away for the season, I will roll it up and hang it from the ceiling.

For some reason my quote function isn't working. Bunji, I am checking with my wife to see if she would want one. Seems a bit big to lug around but might be good for a long trip. We have 8 of the large rubber coated noodles for Noodling days. Ladies love em. Theyre ribbed for her pleasure.

• Like 2

I bought the bag that the lily mat fits into and use 3 tie downs from the rear grab rail to the bottom of the swim step for transport and in the water no problems.

We have a paradise pad. I didn't not want to spend the Money on it after we just bought the boat but the wife insisted on it.

We have 4 boys, ages 3-13 and they are always on it, plus about 8 other kids from the campground. I have to admit it was some of the best money spent. Keeps kids off back of the boat and jumping off the tube.

We have a paradise pad. I didn't not want to spend the Money on it after we just bought the boat but the wife insisted on it.

We have 4 boys, ages 3-13 and they are always on it, plus about 8 other kids from the campground. I have to admit it was some of the best money spent. Keeps kids off back of the boat and jumping off the tube.

How's the Paradise Pad holding up? I'm planning to order a 6/14 this week.

Wow, AquaLily has a 2 pk of 12' mats for $659 with free shipping. Anyone else local to metro detroit want to go havsies?

I'm in for splitting and live on White Lake. PM incoming.

I think the big selling point on the foam mats is that there is no chance of puncture/deflation.

Agree, but the Rave stuff is very durable. This isn't like an old air mattress. It also has a lifetime warranty.

Wow, AquaLily has a 2 pk of 12' mats for $659 with free shipping. Anyone else local to metro detroit want to go havsies?

I'm in for splitting and live on White Lake. PM incoming.

I'd be up for splitting if either of you are still looking to buy. I live in Waterford.

I decided to hold off. I really want one, but I am going to hold off. Bb1632, please pm mikewoods. Sounds like you guys live close and could work this out. Sorry...