Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bomber floating shades?

Kalamazoo

Once I find a pair that I like, I usually buy them until they stop making them before I start the process of looking for more I like. For the past few years I've been digging the VZ Polarized Elmore's.

this ^^

was liking the oakley deviations, but they got discontinued

was sorta liking the smith serpico's. two pairs of those

staple has been the VZ face melts. on pair 5. pair 4 is boat backup, pair 3 is scratched to hell and for in water activities

I jumped in the lake once and came up to find the sun much brighter. It happens, I usually do not wear anything too expensive on the boat. I bought a four pack of Tifosi on ebay two years ago for like $100. Decent glasses for $25 a pair. They don't float though.

I would prefer vid of doc on standup wearing either captain's hat or flatbill + bomber shades, jumping X30 wake.

I promise flat bill video by tonight. Mark it

Not on standup though. Surfing

• Like 2

I actually bought my first pair of these glasses as a kid over 15 years ago at lake shasta, they are still around today, and despite some of the foam that has fallen off, still float and work great. I'd recommend 100%

anyone, know which one these are?

Screenshot%202015-07-10%2010.33.32_zpsh9

also they have sold out of a few since last night.

My new investment strategy.... invest in any company that gets a favorable review on TMC.....

:werule:

My new investment strategy.... invest in any company that gets a favorable review on TMC.....

:werule:

yeah, when we show up somewhere most of us will now be driving F150'S towing a Bu with a TMC sticker, Wearing TMC shirts, Sperrys, and Bomber shades , pouring milk from a bag. (i miss anything?)

only thing missing are board shorts, (here is an investment market opportunity for you)

Edited by Stevo

I got a pair of the dragon H20 floatables since I have lost a few pair of glasses to the abyss. I hate the way they fit. They are light and loose on my head so they fall off easily. But hey, at least they will float..., or so I thought. I bought the frames and had prescription lenses made. Polarized, red tint, crizal glare reduction, anti scratch and all the upgrades. turns out the prescription lenses must be heavier than the stock lenses. Turns out they just sink real slowly. Good idea but poor function IMO. I prefer my Spy Dirk bro shades.

Edited by isellacuras

I'd like to try wearing these shades while surfing. seems like the likelihood that they will have water on them is high. In which case I'm not really worried about the optics... they are gonna have water on them anyway.

How do you guys/gals lose shades in the river consistently? Are you jumping in with them on?

In all my years of boating I've seen 2 pair lost to the river. 1 pair were plucked off an inattentive guests face by the surf rope coming taught. The other lost pair was when a buddy tried to snatch them off another buddies face before he pushed him in. He ended up breaking one arm off and the rest of the glasses fell in the river...

And this is an honest question..... Just wondering.... For the safety of my own shades :lol:

I forget I am wearing them. Normally not a big deal when skiing, but the ones I just lost I went up on 2 with my little niece on 2 and when she fell I grabbed her and forgot about the glasses which sunk in 60 feet of water.

I have had them for years and love them for the boat. They can be slow to come back up to the surface after jumping in, but they always seem to find their way to the top.