Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bomber floating shades?

Kalamazoo

I just ordered a pair of the discounted polarized ones and used discount code SIGNUP40 (40% off). All in for like $17. Hope they arrive before my shasta trip starting next saturday.

• Like 2

Good idea. Probably go on my b-day list. I added a floating strap to mine this year and it has saved me losing mine twice last weekend for sure when they came off in the water.

I wear $4 DeWalt tinted safety glasses all day, everyday. Been wearing the same pair at work for over a year now.

Have at least another 50 pair in my garage if I ever lose or, scratch 50 pair of them.

• Like 2
martinarcher

Dang, just ordered a pair of the Butter Bombs for $27 with SD's code. That's pretty darn good if the optics are good and the lenses are polarized. I've got a favorite pair of Oakley's and Wiley X's that I have worn the heck out of but they have both took a tumble to the ground and have small annoying scratches. I'm also picky about the optics quality of sunglasses. I hope these pan out!

Sweet! Just ordered a Pipe, Butter and 2 K-Bombs for the whole fam to have on the boat.

Looking forward to having shades to wear while surfing... Thanks guys!

I've got a couple pair that i bought last year and I think the optics suck. They give me a headache. But for the price, try them and see what you think - some seem to like them. Too bad since I donated another pair of good sunglasses to the fish yesterday.

I've had a pair for about 7 years now. I'm super picky about optics and don't care for them. They are cheap sunglasses with foam glued to them to make them float. But.....they do float and make a great backup pair in the glove box.

• Like 1

I've had a pair for about 7 years now. I'm super picky about optics and don't care for them. They are cheap sunglasses with foam glued to them to make them float. But.....they do float and make a great backup pair in the glove box.

I hear ya. I have had Oakleys for the last 15 years. My current pair is polarized and I believe they were something like $250 (a gift). I just want something that is at least decent enough to wear for stuff like surfing or when I hold the rope while my kids ride (ready to jump in if needed) and am hoping these work good enough for that. Then I will switch out to the Oaks once back in the boat.

• Like 1

How do you guys/gals lose shades in the river consistently? Are you jumping in with them on?

In all my years of boating I've seen 2 pair lost to the river. 1 pair were plucked off an inattentive guests face by the surf rope coming taught. The other lost pair was when a buddy tried to snatch them off another buddies face before he pushed him in. He ended up breaking one arm off and the rest of the glasses fell in the river...

And this is an honest question..... Just wondering.... For the safety of my own shades :lol:

Haha, I was wondering this myself. I haven't lost any, but wear Oakleys which fit pretty snug. I am very conscious of the fact that I have them on and try to be careful.

How do you guys/gals lose shades in the river consistently? Are you jumping in with them on?

In all my years of boating I've seen 2 pair lost to the river. 1 pair were plucked off an inattentive guests face by the surf rope coming taught. The other lost pair was when a buddy tried to snatch them off another buddies face before he pushed him in. He ended up breaking one arm off and the rest of the glasses fell in the river...

And this is an honest question..... Just wondering.... For the safety of my own shades :lol:

I wear sunglasses on the stand up jet ski because water is constantly splashing in my eyes and I can't see.

High risk scenario

I'm open to other solutions though other than floating sunglasses

I also look sweet with sunglasses and my flat bill surfing...jussayin