Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

starting after relaxing

trying to confirm my suspicions. 2006 wakesetter 23lsv with Monsoon 340 injection.

1st stuff start of the day, no problems.

shutting down and starting between swapping riders, no problems.

shut down, swim and listen to music for 30-60mins, engine struggles to start, need to combine batteries (acr) and give a bit of throttle to barely start her.

engine running shows 13.4-13.7v.

I suspect the batteries are not holding full charge (2 years old), should I pull them out and give them a proper charge, get new ones or is there some electrical issue? thanks

Also, what does 'listen to music' mean? Is it a massive system with a gazillion watt sub pumping sound for miles around or just like listening to the car radio...?

thanks for the replies.

it shows 13.4-13.7 both at idle and under throttle, the voltage doesn't really change according to RPM (never has).

after listening to an hour of music it was showing around 12v-12.2 i remember seeing it drop to 11.8-12v when combining the batteries after a couple starts.

i don't have a massive sound system, 8 speakers, 2 amps, 1 sub, but we don't crank the volume much, well below 50% of peak.

I have a twin battery system. I run both batteries when running but switch to #2 when stopped and listeing to music, keeping #1 at full charge to crank over when next starting.