Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Daytime running lights

ryansgt

Hey guys, I have a 2013 vlx with the boatmate tandem. It has the malibu logos on the side that have lighting behind them. Also, all other lighting works, the marker lights, brakes, turn signals, rear brake lockout, and reverse lights all work as normal. They did work at one point, I remember seeing the malbu logos and marker leds on with the lights on in the truck however now they don't light. Is there something I should be looking for as it is doubtful that both malibu leds went out and all the markers light with the brakes.

Thanks Guys

Grounding and poor crimps. I had a loose ground on the "eye" ring terminal on the back of the brake solenoid I had to replace. I went through the whole trailer pulling wires to solder everything I could!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, tracked down the fuse and replaced it on the truck. Also, realized the running lights were coming on when I pushed the brake. Seemed really weird until I realized that some genius along the line must have tied the running lights into the brake lights. Cut the brown wire truck side and ran it to the license light circuit. Works perfectly now. The one time I saw those lights work, I must have had the ebrake on and that must have triggered the brake lights. Either way, fixed.