Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Considering a NEW 2015 22 VLX

Xstreamws

Didn't care for the black trailer with white fenders, so doing all black since the bottom color is black.

Ahhh... yeah, I prefer all black trailers too. Pretty cool that AWS would let you do that. They must have another VLX that will look good with the black/white trailer.

I am running a wicked wake set up so all hard tanks and 750s in rear. One 750 bow. Plus wedge. Still no reduction in power. I am at 3300 elevation minimum and ran at 5000 feet last weekend. We have done 6700 feet.

What prop are you running? Another key item is the new vlx weighs about 500 lbs more than a 2012. I run wake the maker 800's, 700 lb bow bag, wedge 2-3 clicks up, full mls with 409, acme 2315, 10.8 mph, at 2000' I am probably running at 85-90% capacity. This is with about 8-10 people in the boat. I could only guess at 5000' it would struggle, but maybe the 350 has more torque and HP than a 409. I know the 350 in my 2013 would not allow me to run larger than 600's in the rear lockers at 2000' elevation. I could not get the boat past 10 mph at full throttle with 2315. Maybe my experience is not the norm, but I have noticed a significant power increase with the 409 over the 350. For me, proof is in the pudding. I would only buy the 350 for sea level use.

• Like 2

Look I don't want to get into this fray over motor size. I am not certain what the elevation here is but I live in Middle Tennessee. I have the 350 in my 22 VLX. Yesterday with 6 people aboard most of them 190 to 250 lbs all stock ballasts filled. 800 lb in front and 2 800 lb bags in the rear lockers. I had no problem planing or making speed at 11.2. Had plenty more in it. It wasn't straining. I am running a 1235 prop. I am quite pleased with my new boat and I had a monster wake. I ride Goofy so that helps also. I love my new 22 and have no issues with my 350. Leaving now to hit the water again.... Surfs up!!!

• Like 2

Definitely not trying to derail your thread and I am stoked you are enjoying your new vlx. It's so strange to me how there are different experiences with the 350 in the new vlx. Regardless 350 won't be around much longer, the Raptor will be replacing it.