Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone Else having problems with Mother Nature

JB-FOOT

our area has been hit with the 8th wettest June on record...

we have not been able to get out much at all....

in fact I have only 2 rides on my boat so for this year, a 15 minute ride before lightening and the following day got out for about 2 hours before we had to hightail it back before another storm....

now we are just dealing with high and "STICKY" waters in our rivers....

what a pain in the %SS this season has started off to be... :cry:

Sorry, opposite in Idaho. Spokane river is already above 80'S, and the weather has been in the 90's and above. Water and air Temps are way above normal. The result of a horrible winter if you are a skier or boarder, think I heard that our snow pack was about 18% this year. Good luck on the rest of your summer.

• Like 2

Wow. It finally started raining here after several months of teasing us with rain just to the north. We went out for a quick trip Sunday afternoon, and I had hoped it would pour so the goobers would go in while we waited under the bridge. Of course, it only rained after we got home, while we were cleaning the boat.

I love to ski right after a rain.

We usually go to the Ohio river here in evansville IN and board on the green river which is a nice offshoot. Some reason the river is abnormally high and current is very strong. I hear maybe all the rain from up north. We probably should not have gone out but braved it anyway. It was not much fun and I was nervous the whole time. Getting the boat back on the trailer was like landing an airplane in huge cross wind. I was literally 45 degrees to the trailer until I gun'd it up on the trailer at the last minute.

We had the warmest and most dry June in history. Yet I only have 15 hours on the boat this year with no boat vacations planned. The joys of life with two kids under 2.

• Like 2
MalibuNation

I've been out the last too evenings and unbelievable cold for June 30th and July 1st. Thought about a shortie for the last two night. Mainly after the runs as the water is ok but it's the wind and air temps after you get out of the water.

Also very wet here in MI.

I've been out the last too evenings and unbelievable cold for June 30th and July 1st. Thought about a shortie for the last two night. Mainly after the runs ad the water is ok but it's the wind and air temps after you get out of the water.

Also very wet here in MI.

I saw your location......I did some work in Lawton in the late 90s and had a very nice night with a young lady on Maple Lake.... a very nice night...lol. There used to be a great steak house near the Welchs plant, I think is was called "The Big T".....Is it still there?

Yes, indeed. Rain, rain and more rain down here in Austin. We haven't dropped the boat in yet because the rain has constantly delayed my HDS repair. Finally done, so if all goes well we'll be on the water this weekend.

MalibuNation

abear, yea Big Ts is still there along with Maple Lake and Welchs. I drove by Maple Lake yesterday. In town someone said there's pelicans on the lake. I'm trying to confirm that.

After a really cold and windy May we have had a record breaking rain for June. Over 14" ! Had to pull docks and lifts 2 times in 3 weeks! River waters are receeding slowly but leaving a nice 1/2" layer of "muck" on everything (for the second time this month). By far the worst June boating season that I can remember. Got less than 2 hours on the boat so far this season, which is unheard of for us. It has spent most of May and June in the garage. :cry:

My lake has been 10' high for the past month. They cut electricity to the marina and half of the slips. Luckily my slip was on the side that wasn't cut. We were out yesterday and the lake has now dropped to 8.5' high. I guess I'd rather have this problem than the one California is having.

Yep, river has been full of debris or has been over flood stage for most of the summer. We were out Memorial Day weekend and that was the last time... Its been rough.

So much rain here as well. But the water levels have risen nearly an entire foot in the last three weeks, which is unheard of. The sun is shining this morning and it looks like we are in for some heat until the 5th!

Misery loves company as they say, but not in the boating community.....Sorry to see everyone else suffering as well....

Saving gas in my boat or motorcycle is not what I like to do...

• Like 1

Same story here in NJ. Very wet June, it seemed to be sunny the days i was in the office and rain hard either the day before or day of the planned trip to the river, which gets a lot of debris (insurance claims) after a big storm.

Rain is good, but lets hope for some more moderate storms and let them happen on monday-tuesday.

Have been out one time to make sure boat was running ok...basically dewinterizing it. Ended up towing in a jet ski that was sinking, right before a big storm. Got the boat puy in the garage before the rain hit and that is where she has sat since. Every time we want to go, it rains.

Edited by macdaddy

June was our rain month, 30 days in a row, it was a record. Now we're in the hot week days crap weekends. Lakes are just stupid busy this year between the influx of people to denver and one reservoir closed due to flooding. Seriously considering selling the boat after the 12th when I get back from vacation and begin the search for our next one. Thank god we have water though, even if too much caused all these problems

My area has had epic rain. Dallas/Ft.Worth. Almost every lake is closed by the core of engineers. Everything is basically under water. I have found 2 lakes that are open and close. One is jammed packed due to the fact that everyone else knows it's open. The other is so small you basically can only get in short runs. Next year should be epic conditions.

We had the warmest and most dry June in history. Yet I only have 15 hours on the boat this year with no boat vacations planned. The joys of life with two kids under 2.

Just wait until those little turkeys are in sports.