Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast pump locations 2007 23lsv wakesetter

timelinex

My rear left Ballast pumps stopped working and I found that it was the fuse that popped out. Afterwards the drain worked but the fill pump did not.

After going through a bunch of stuff in the back I found the fill pump. It sits right in front of the engine and you can get to it by going underneath the back seat. This one was easy. Taking it apart and putting it back together made it start working again. So I'm good for now.

However I do want to know how to get to the other locations, in case this happens again. I think that all the middle and front ballast pumps are in that hatch to the left of the drivers seat. However I have no idea where the drain pumps to the rear ballasts are.

Can anyone tell me where the rear drain pumps are? By the sound of it, it almost sounds like I have to tear apart the whole floor and/or sides to get to them.

Lastly, I read on here that a non-working pump could be from a blown fuse. Thats why I checked the fuse in the first place. To my surprise, as opposed to most of the stuff I read on here, there are no actual 'fuses' like in cars. They are completely different. Do these ever need to be replaced?

When i purchased my boat, my drained stopped working. I checked the fuse (just like regular car fuses) and it was good. Thank god i noticed that the wire going to the fuse was unplugged. Plugged it in and started working again. Has me wondering if the stealership was trying to rip me off as i just picked up my boat, since it did work during the test drive. I believe the rear drain pumps are under the rear center seat. When i was testing the drain settings i was able to hear some pump noise from those pumps back there.

being a 2007 model my guess is the Rear drain pumps are located under the rear hatch floors towards the back, tucked between the ballast and the transom wall.

On a 2007 the rear drain pumps are under the floor back next to the transom. There is at least one comprehensive write up somewhere on here on how best to get to them. Yes part of the floor must be removed.

The fill and drain for the midship are under the hatch next to the driver seat. Also the fill for the front is located here as well. The drain for the front can be a bit tricky, FWIW on my 2004 you access the drain under the helm up against the "firewall" for a lack of a better term. On an 07 there may be a better way to accessthe front drain, not sure.

More than likely the breakers do not need to be replaced, just reset.

Anyone have a link to that write up? I tried searching and all I've found are writeups that are definitely not for my boat, bc when I go to my boat it all looked different.

How would I get to this pump without access doors? Do I have to unscrew that entire floor area?

Edited by timelinex

unscrew the floor back to the rear seatback, flex the floor up as high as possible with a bungee cord on the far corner and to your pylon, and contort your upper body across the exhaust silencer from the other side.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have a 2008 247 lsv.  My left rear ballast tank will not drain and the fuses are blowing.  Looks like I need a new pump.  But where the heck is it?  Is it back under the floor in the rear storage area next to the engine?

Is there a fill pump in a different location than the drain pump?

Thanks for your help!!

Kevin on Jordan Lake, NC

Kevin,

Are your tanks visible or under the floor?  I have an 06 and my hard tanks were visible.  The drain pump was at the bottom rear of the tank.  I replaced mine with bags later.  If yours are visible tanks they should be in a similar spot I would think.  However, if they are below the floor then you will have to remove a panel to access.  I am sure someone more familiar with that model will chime in shortly.  Once you get to the pump take the cover off and inspect...you may just have some debris lodged in there keeping the impeller from spinning which will trip the fuse.  Also spin it by hand a few times...I have had mine do that a couple of times and was able to free up.

Good luck!

Tim

Just realized you had added on to an existing thread...if you look in this thread there are pics of where the drain pumps are for the in floor tanks.

Edited by DUKENO1
addition
50 minutes ago, thistle said:

Hi,

I have a 2008 247 lsv.  My left rear ballast tank will not drain and the fuses are blowing.  Looks like I need a new pump.  But where the heck is it?  Is it back under the floor in the rear storage area next to the engine?

Is there a fill pump in a different location than the drain pump?

Thanks for your help!!

Kevin on Jordan Lake, NC

42 minutes ago, DUKENO1 said:

Kevin,

Are your tanks visible or under the floor?  I have an 06 and my hard tanks were visible.  The drain pump was at the bottom rear of the tank.  I replaced mine with bags later.  If yours are visible tanks they should be in a similar spot I would think.  However, if they are below the floor then you will have to remove a panel to access.  I am sure someone more familiar with that model will chime in shortly.  Once you get to the pump take the cover off and inspect...you may just have some debris lodged in there keeping the impeller from spinning which will trip the fuse.  Also spin it by hand a few times...I have had mine do that a couple of times and was able to free up.

Good luck!

Tim

Just realized you had added on to an existing thread...if you look in this thread there are pics of where the drain pumps are for the in floor tanks.

:plus1: all the info you need should be above.  Remove the screws, flex the floor up to inspect and/or change out the pumps.  The fill pumps for those tanks should be tee'd from a single thru-hull on the port side near the vdrive.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info!!!  My tanks are not visible, so they must be under the floor.  Sounds dumb but it is not obvious how to unfasten the floor?

Anyone else out there know?

Best,

kevin

• 3 years later...

Hi All,

I have a 06 23 LSV and i am trying to locate the middle tank fill pump, i see most people are saying it is in the hatch by the drivers seat but there are only 2 pumps in there the front fill and middle drain. Anyone know of any other locations that i could find the middle fill?

4 minutes ago, Zach1996 said:

Hi All,

I have a 06 23 LSV and i am trying to locate the middle tank fill pump, i see most people are saying it is in the hatch by the drivers seat but there are only 2 pumps in there the front fill and middle drain. Anyone know of any other locations that i could find the middle fill?

What do they look like, are they aerators or reversible pumps?

@Zach1996 I have the same boat and had the same question until recently. If you remove the kick panel underneath the driver's console, you can look back into the hole to the left and you will see the fill pump if I remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, BCJohnsontx said:

@Zach1996 I have the same boat and had the same question until recently. If you remove the kick panel underneath the driver's console, you can look back into the hole to the left and you will see the fill pump if I remember correctly. 

I was under the impression that just the front drain was up there, i will have to take a look later tonight. Thanks for the help

@BCJohnsontx i did not locate the middle fill pump still all i could find under the drivers console was the front drain, i also looked under the boat and did not see a hole through the hull.

for some reason it seems i am missing a pump in the compartment by the drivers seat i have 2 holes in the bottom of the boat 1 is for the front fill and the other a plug goes into, then i have the middle drain in that compartment and a bilge, there are two hoses that hook into the middle tank one goes right and one goes left seams like they are both hooked up as vents. not sure why this would be this way, i just bought the boat so thats why i am noticing it now.

• 3 weeks later...

@Zach1996 I took a photo of mine a week ago. I have 3 pumps in my 2006 23 LSV in the middle hatch access. It looks to me to be 2 fills (front and middle) and 1 drain (middle). My Front Drain is located in the hole under the drivers console. Does your hatch look like the picture below?

IMG_0893.thumb.jpeg.9e7207f8322862ffd45cadb097de25e6.jpeg

Edited by BCJohnsontx
posted picture