Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Models what is the scoop

Coach

What are all of the tweeks and new things that Malibu is going to do for the 2007, 25th Aniversary?

To Date here is what I have read from various message boards:

20' VTX

Updated Interior

New Graphics (that happens every year)

V-Drive Response

Pickle Fork Front End

Fishing boat Dontknow.gif

What else have ya heard?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnDoe

• UWSkier

• skisix@38

• mrothwell

I hear locking gas cap, locking wedge acces door and locking windshield door. Heard it from a friend who heard it from a guy who heard it from a fool. Crazy.gif

I hear locking gas cap, locking wedge acces door and locking windshield door. Heard it from a friend who heard it from a guy who heard it from a fool. Crazy.gif

Who are you calling a fool?

BTW - is there going to be a 20' VTX and a V-drive Response? cant imaging both.

I hope the VTX is on the new Diamond hull... :)

I'm sure the dealer release has been typed up and is ready to be sent. Last year, we got the 2006 scoop around July 5... That's when I found it and posted it on WSR anyways. :)

Nothing but typical rumors. The boats aren't out yet.

Peter

That's not entirely true. Some boats are out and in the hands of owners...

Edited by DRAGON88

Nothing but typical rumors. The boats aren't out yet.

Peter

That's not entirely true. Some boats are out and in the hands of owners...

Speak to me - I'm listening.

All I gotta say, is when we went to the factory we saw one thing that was drop dead gorgeous (you wakesetta fans will like it - that means you mrothwell, you know you are one now). And another that was on the 'WTH were they thinking?' side of things.

The great thing about Malibu is they make so many boats to appeal to so many different folks.

Shortly, we'll all be able to see what's out there. Hold your horses and just know, it'll be worth it :)

Who are you calling a fool?

BTW - is there going to be a 20' VTX and a V-drive Response? cant imaging both.

I'm guessing both have the same interior, one on the new diamond hull, one on a "wake" hull, with the dimaond VTX being the "Vdrive response". I would have liked to have seen it called the the response lxv, but thats just me.

I'm betting the new RLXi won't share the VTX's reported 98" beam. I wonder if they'll really be offered on the same hull. I kinda doubt it, but I'm also hoping Malibu doesn't sit and let CC have the only "AWSA approved" tournament V-drive. Bragging rights are huge in this industry. :)

Beam is the widest point of the boat, not the width of the running surface or hull. I don't see why it couldn't have a 98" beam and still have a narrow(er) running surface. Centurion comes to mind.

All I gotta say, is when we went to the factory we saw one thing that was drop dead gorgeous (you wakesetta fans will like it - that means you mrothwell, you know you are one now). And another that was on the 'WTH were they thinking?' side of things.

The great thing about Malibu is they make so many boats to appeal to so many different folks.

Shortly, we'll all be able to see what's out there. Hold your horses and just know, it'll be worth it :)

Hey! why are you cursing me? Badmood.gif what have I ever done to you? :biteme:

I'm gonna go sit in the corner Baby.gif

I'm betting the new RLXi won't share the VTX's reported 98" beam. I wonder if they'll really be offered on the same hull. I kinda doubt it, but I'm also hoping Malibu doesn't sit and let CC have the only "AWSA approved" tournament V-drive. Bragging rights are huge in this industry. :)

As I've said before, many times, I would take a serious look at a response V-drive. Now, if they would just drop that VW diesel to save weight, I would Drool.gif all over it. At least until I got to drive and ski it, then I could make a rational decision.

AWSA approved V-drive boat? Who does that matter to? It doesn't pay to do it. It's also only approved for like F tourney's and INT tourney's. Look what being AWSA certified did to help Infinity- and they had a nice boat that could pull skiers to record levels. Folks who are looking to buythat kind of boat have already lost the battle to get a boat that can pull good slalom and have accepted that they aren't going to really get in the course anymore but still have fun being on a good boat that has decent performance.

AWSA approved V-drive boat? Who does that matter to? It doesn't pay to do it. It's also only approved for like F tourney's and INT tourney's. Look what being AWSA certified did to help Infinity- and they had a nice boat that could pull skiers to record levels. Folks who are looking to buythat kind of boat have already lost the battle to get a boat that can pull good slalom and have accepted that they aren't going to really get in the course anymore but still have fun being on a good boat that has decent performance.

Isn't that the point though? You're marketing to people who are not going to go out and compete on the professional level. They are skiiers who want to ski on a great ski wake, but still have the V drive seating. Getting it AWSA certified (being that it is at the lowest level) is a great advertising point to those who might be scared that the V drive isn't going to be nearly as nice as the DD.

Isn't that the point though? You're marketing to people who are not going to go out and compete on the professional level. They are skiiers who want to ski on a great ski wake, but still have the V drive seating. Getting it AWSA certified (being that it is at the lowest level) is a great advertising point to those who might be scared that the V drive isn't going to be nearly as nice as the DD.

We have a winner!!! :)

Remember when the first open bow boats were AWSA approved... everyone was up in arms but now we all know that having an open bow or closed bow really doesn't affect the wake. Maybe someday the difference in DD vs. VD will be much the same if hull design and overall boat design keep improving and changing.

My lake may be an anomaly but a boat with a 98" beam won't fit on my lake because of a funky tunnel. Any boat with a 98" beam would automatically be a non-starter for me.

It would matter to me because I could then use lakes that require only AWSA approved boats.

Not to mention that this new vdrive might be an exceptional barefoot boat, which would need to be certified.

It wouldn't matter to me to be "certified", but rather certifiable (like me). Theoretically, if it were certifiable then it would be throwing a decent ski wake. I know that it is possible to get the V to ski really well, I just hope that Malibu gets it right. I dont need world class, but I want a high end recreational ski wake. I know there's many out there like me that would like V-drive for the family but still wants a good ski wake.

Come on Malibu, throw me a bone.

roth, you ever been behind a sunsetter VLX with the diamond? No joking here, if you're going at least 32, its skis VERY VERY well. I have no doubt that this new iteration of the good skiing VD concept will be even better executed.