Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion X Tower Racks

OkStateWake

Hey guys, I'm new here and have a question that hopefully y'all can answer for me. Last summer I bought a 2006 VLX with less than 70 hours from Texas Mastercraft. The original owner of the boat was a wealthy man who had a passion for race horses and didn't use the boat enough since buying it off the showroom floor at Waterski America. He somehow broke off one of the tower racks, but that wasn't a big deal to me, because it helped the price and there wouldn't ever be more than two wakeboard a on the boat at once, so just having one rack was fine.m

Well, fast forward to the end of last summer, a family member took the boat without my permission and whilst redocking the boat, managed to break off the other rack.

Fast forward again to present day, here I am with no racks, and finding myself going out with friends who wakeboard almost on a daily basis.

Long story short, I'm in need of new racks for my Illusion X tower, and I am having a really hard time finding some. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Here is a start: http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/classifieds/item/1200-two-brand-new-titan-dlx-wakeboard-lift-off-racks-for-illusion-x/

Or, you could go with Samson Typhoon Spinners.

Fluidcore offers lift offs for the Illusion X, if you'd prefer to go that route.

FWIW, I have the Titan DLX lift offs. They work great for me, but you've got to remember to actually take them off before docking!

Same boat, same tower...I suggest getting the swinger style racks. A little more expensive, but with them folded in, you don't have to worry about the same thing happening again.

• Like 1

Same boat, same tower...I suggest getting the swinger style racks. A little more expensive, but with them folded in, you don't have to worry about the same thing happening again.

When you say swinger style, is that the same as swivel racks? Such as the one that Samson makes?

I'll give him first shot at it, since he needs it.

But if he goes a different route, let me know. I might be interested in having a spare.

I just had to spend 3 hours milling, drilling, then retapping the threads on my surf rack forks. Not as much fun as it sounds. lol

I search ebay a consistent basis for "illusion tower", just to see what racks might come up. I've found a couple good things that way, including some factory spinning racks from Metcraft.

• Like 1

Honestly, if anyone truly needs them, give those folks first dibs

Only holla at me if everyone backs out. I just wanted a spare rack, I already have room for 6 wakeboards and a surfboard, so I'm not hurtin' for space at allllll...

kayakwv - I think I'll start doing that. I'd love to get some swivel bases on the cheap for my bottom two racks, since they're fixed.

It's not really convenience that I want them for, it's for when I'm having it stored in the dry stack! lol

Krypt = JUNK Had a set shipped to us few years ago, don't waste your money and time. Bought some Staronewake forks for my racks and their fixed mounts for upper locations on my Illusion X and have the 15 & 30 degree set up and the forks have been great. The billet aluminum looks great and good quality. Excellent service and back their product. Love the shiny look of the aluminum but hard to keep any of em clean, always wonder if I shoulda just went w the black rubber coated forks. Easy to clean w 303 ect...and very nice stability/hold on all surf and wakeboards. May want to consider that.

Wow! Thanks guys for all of the replies! Sorry I haven't posted back in a while. I'm on a mini-trip in the Black Hills right now and have poor service and so checking this thread hasn't been the easiest! You guys are awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/25/2015 at 1:39 PM, Brian Young said:

If just be forks broke, I have some forks that fit on the Titan/Star One racks.

Still have forks for sale?

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm new to this but just got great advice from Scott at missionmfg.com to replace my wakeboard forks with black PVC coated Combo Metcraft Fork with a slot for wakesurf and a slot for wake board. It's been a search but this looks like a great option. Don't need to replace the whole rack ,just the forks.  Ordering today. New website  at missionwake .com. coming soon.

15 minutes ago, ARC said:

Hi, I'm new to this but just got great advice from Scott at missionmfg.com to replace my wakeboard forks with black PVC coated Combo Metcraft Fork with a slot for wakesurf and a slot for wake board. It's been a search but this looks like a great option. Don't need to replace the whole rack ,just the forks.  Ordering today. New website  at missionwake .com. coming soon.

Have a look here as well https://www.bulletlines.com/Wakeboard-Tower-Racks-s/2.htm

Welcome to the crew and thanks for joining!

• 3 years later...