Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rub Rail Replacement

bwhitfield85

I am thinking of replacing the rub rail on my 2002 Sunsetter with the new stainless rub rail from the newer boats.

Has anyone else done this? If so how hard was it to do and if you can post a pic of the finished look that would be great.

Thanks

I had mine replaced. I did not do the work. Insurance was to cover replacing the plain black rail. The guy that did the work upgraded me to SS free of charge because the black is so difficult to install. will look to see if I have a picture but it looks like every other SS rub rail.

The boat looks amazing with that new rub rail. I have wanted to change it for a few years now and although it was a massive pain in the a** to install it looks great. Much better than the black rubber one that we took off. I will try to post pics later today.

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you get the stainless rub rail that you installed and what were the part numbers? I have an '01 Sunsetter with worn out black rub rail that needs replaced. I figure I might as well upgrade the look.

• 2 weeks later...