Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do I reset the main circuit breaker?

My electronics work (bilge, blower, etc) and the batteries are fine. I had the boat out recently, but the next day, the guages don't light up and the engine won't turn over.

I read the following from the owner's manual:

26lRmNi.png

There is a button on the bottom. I pressed it. Do I need to press it hard? Is it supposed to stay inside of the plastic casing or is it supposed to still hang out the bottom?

Here is the breaker I'm looking at:

KyN9S7b.png

that hinged lever that says 'reset' should stay up within the cb body.

either your cb is trash or something shorted drawing more current than the cb is rated for.

pull the output (protected0 side) cable and then try to reset.

if it won't reset i think the cb is toast.

otherwise, meter the load to see if you have a problem.

So the reset button does not require significant pressure right? I can press it in but it just falls back down. I'll unhook it now and try what you said

• 3 years later...

That chart is great if testing a battery, but to properly test the breaker, voltage on both sides of the breaker should be the same as the battery, regardless of the battery's state of charge.