Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My initial T22 review

bamabonners

Overall, really loving the boat. I can't wait to start doing more water sports behind it. The wave is the typical clean beautiful malibu wave. The handling is the same sports car feel that my other Malibus had ( MC drives like a barge - no way to sugar coat it).

Very good review. I'm glad to see that Axis has stepped its game up. Two comments/questions...

1)The MC definitely doesn't handle as "racecarish" as my Malibu. However, it smashes through the chop whereas rollers from an 18 foot bayliner were a cause for concern in my LSV at high speeds. It's a trade off...not some magical hull design of the Malibu/Axis line

2)did you get the surf pipe? If not, why not?

• Like 1

1) Yes, you are correct about the MC ride. It really does handle rougher water very well.

2) Honestly, I really don't know. Just didn't think about it I guess...

Edited by bamabonners

Swim platform height is my only point of issue with the boat right now. Its a little high and hard to get up on out of the water if you don't have ballast in.

Bama, maybe you need to back at it ? Lol... :Tease3:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41418-the-biggest-loser-malibu-crew/?hl=%2Bbiggest+%2Bloser

Thx for the post!

• Like 1

Have you done wakeboarding yet ?

Not yet. Been varying RPM, per the manual. We've had a bunch of friends on it this week and no better way to break it in than by running the tube. Please don't ban me now! LOL Varying RPM, fast, slow, no ballast.

Can't wait to surf and board next weekend!!

Edited by bamabonners

Thanks for posting a review I was undecided as well based on price / value of the axis line, I just couldn't get past the no sides windshield.

The no sides window is the way to go. These wrap around windshields are in the way of driver talking to skier and giving instruction or handing off the rope. Wish I could retrofit my TXI with similar! Not to mention, get a little elbow room and air to the pilot. Thanks for the review!

I loved, absolutely loved, the no side windshield on my axis. Good review bama. Pics of wake? why did you go T22 as opposed to A22? Has anyone done an apples to apples comparison on wakes?

How about a close up pic of the dash? I was unaware that it was vinyl wrapped now. Can you show this?

my dash (its dirty, I need to wipe it down so it shines again):

20150617_154736_zpsrbi3a0bv.jpg

Edited by bamabonners

Bama - what's your plan for ballast?

I'm contemplating a prop change, went 750's in rear with the 650 underseat bow bag with 1235. Has no problem running to 12 but RPMS start to approach 4K, curious to hear what you do for ballast with your prop choice.

That is a beautiful boat! Axis really is getting competitive. Still wish I had a choice on the windshield. Mine has kept my wife dry on many occasions, which means I get to go boating when it is 68 out. I'm over 6ft tall so I have never had an issue talking to someone in the water. I am thinking my next boat could be an Axis though. I saw one yesterday that threw a monsterous wake, and it had a beautiful black and silver with flake gel coat.

Bama - what's your plan for ballast?

I'm contemplating a prop change, went 750's in rear with the 650 underseat bow bag with 1235. Has no problem running to 12 but RPMS start to approach 4K, curious to hear what you do for ballast with your prop choice.

My usual crew is just the 3 of us so I will probably do 750s in the rear and 550 in the bow. Just for a quick test to show the surf wave, I had full ballast and 8 people in the boat the other day and the 2249 did well. WOT with no ballast and 8 people was right at 39-40mph around 5300 rpm.