Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

9 Year Old Daughter......

Cap305

I know the feeling. I have an 8 year old who submarined on a tube several years ago, since then she has only been interested in snorkeling when we go to the lake. I had her wakeboarding off a barefoot boom, a couple of times behind the boat, but after the submarining incident she quit it all until a couple of weeks ago. She discovered kneeboarding and loves it. Today she even got back on the tube. Yes, the tube comes out pretty much every Saturday, too much fun for the kids I guess. Last weekend we were getting off the lake, 8.30p and she wants to kneeboard in to the dock after being on he water all day. That is a good feeling even if everyone else in the boat just wants to be done!

• Like 2

There seems to be no fear for the nearly two dozen toobers ages 4 to 14 on my lake.

It's nice to hear someone's kid is doing something productive and not destroying the water, wake and waves we all hold dear for a change....

Awesome feeling, happy for you. My 8 year old daughter super athletic and afraid of lake water until late last summer. Now wakeboarding and surfing without rope as long as she wants.

Confidence is a great thing with kids getting over a fear and having the desire to get better.

• Like 2

That's great!

Our youngest daughter loved the tube and the kneeboard but would not have a go on the skinny stick. Would get in the water under sufferance and the instant that the rope went tight she would just let go. This went on for a couple of years.

One day a friend of hers was due to arrive at the river to stay with us for a while. Could have knocked me over with a feather when she came to us and said she wanted to have a go on the ski. Obviously she decided she wanted to impress her friend! Anyway, she jumped in and straight up first go and has scarcely missed a start since! Everyone was happy. :)

It sure isn't going to happen until they want it to...

• Like 2