Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HELP!

candle-bu

last night as i was loading the VRIDE onto the trailer, we got caught in a sudden thunderstorm. i left the boards in the boat, threw the cover on, and went on my way. it rained for the rest of the evening, so i did'nt take the board off the boat until this am. when i went out to the boat this morning to take the boards off, i noticed that my 2005 hyperlite premier stained the seat it was on. basically it transferred the image from the bottom of the board onto the seat! has anyone ever heard of this happening? i am going to try to get the stain out tonight, but, it's huge, basically the entire seat. suggestions of a cleaning method?

thanks,

evan

Edited by candle-bu

Hey Candle-bu-

So sorry to hear your misfortune. We unfortunately had the same experience with a Hyperlite board that bled on our boat. Sunlight was the only thing that assisted in the fading.

This actually was a serious problem last year with a series of Hyperlite boards that had a bad seal on the paint job. We ended up sending the board back to Hyperlite and they re-issued us a new one. That doesn't help with the vinyl I know but if you do a search under hyperlite boards in the forum you will see a "boardshorts bled" topic that discusses this very issue. (Sorry, I haven't learned to link to topics yet) :blush:

Again, sorry to hear about your vinyl damage but the sun should help.

Heidi

last night as i was loading the VRIDE onto the trailer, we got caught in a sudden thunderstorm. i left the boards in the boat, threw the cover on, and went on my way. it rained for the rest of the evening, so i did'nt take the board off the boat until this am. when i went out to the boat this morning to take the boards off, i noticed that my 2005 hyperlite premier stained the seat it was on. basically it transferred the image from the bottom of the board onto the seat! has anyone ever heard of this happening? i am going to try to get the stain out tonight, but, it's huge, basically the entire seat. suggestions of a cleaning method?

thanks,

evan

This is a known issue...do a search for "bleed" or "denjoe"

Both denjoe and tgaugh has this issue.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....c=1666&hl=bleed

thanks,

evan

That was what I was referring to...thanks Dave!

I've heard of this happening and If I remember correctly it is due to the board being incorrectly manufactured or something like that. Not sure about how to get the stain out but I believe other's have been able to get their board's replaced when this has been an issue.

thanks,

evan

That was what I was referring to...thanks Dave!

Ya....and remember..you didn't send it bad Tgaugh abused it with a saw...

Yep, you are correct sir :) but we did send the pictures of the torn apart board... Biggrin.gif

Todd was less than happy when it first bled because he was covered in the blue stain Mad.gif

It's actually a flaw in the baking process. The upside is if you call HO, you'll get a Premier shipped to your overnight. The downside is you'll waste time using the special vinyl cleaner they give you which with time will remove it from the vinyl with the help of sun. If it doesn't come off, HO will work with your dealer to have the area re-skinned, but that is time consuming and a hurdle to work with HO and your dealer on it.

To get the new board HO just needs you to destroy it, they are willing to listen on the phone with you while you saw it as long as you send a pic when you are done!

at this point my biggest concern is the huge stain on the seat! the idea of it fading in the sun does not sound that promising!

It really does suck I know, but it will fade. We had that stain for a few months. Cry.gif But they will also work with your dealer to replace the skins. We just didn't want to take time off the water last summer so the sun fade worked for us.

But you will want to address the board because it will occur again if you have the defective board, which it sounds like you do. It just will continue to bleed and never stops...

Edited by hgaugh

just got off the phone with hyperlite...they will swap my board out for an '06 and they are going to send me the cleaning solution. if it does not fade they said they will re-skin the seat. what a pain in the "beep"

just got off the phone with hyperlite...they will swap my board out for an '06 and they are going to send me the cleaning solution. if it does not fade they said they will re-skin the seat. what a pain in the "beep"

You get a free '06 board...not too bad of a deal if you ask me.

I would question who sold you the board, as this was a know issue....

Pretty sweet that you get an '06 board and that they will re-skin if necessary. Clap.gif We were really pleased with Hyperlite's responsiveness to the issue, even though it took some coordination it was worth it. Trust me it will fade if not, you get a new skin. Truly we thought it was a great customer experience, the board game within 48 hours of the call.

I agree with RoverOn though, whomever sold you the board should have known. This issue occurred in a number of boards produced at a certain time in '05.

at this point my biggest concern is the huge stain on the seat! the idea of it fading in the sun does not sound that promising!

It sounds funny but it really will work. Give it time in the sun and the stain will completely disappear. I've been there, done that and seen the sun fix it. Can't even tell where it was on my boat anymore. I tried everything to remove it and nothing works other than the sun.

I'll also chime in as a proponent of letting the sun do it's work on the vinyl. I've had blue ink (from a receipt) disappear in just a couple outings.

I'd also caution against trying any cleaner Hyperlite may send you, as you may do irreparable damage if the stuff isn't kosher for the vinyl. Post what they send you on this board before you use it...someone may be able to save you some grief if it isn't good.

i will post a follow up once i get the situation under control...hyperlite has asked me to goto a local shop to swap out the board, as opposed to sending it back to them directly. i dont remember who i bot the board from, but i remember it was on ebay, and i have the invoice at home...from what i recall, it was a shop that was selling boards via ebay.

I had the same issue, and Hype sent me a an 06 board of my choice. of course this happened in March, and it took like 8 weeks to get a new board. they did not offer to send me any cleaner either. thankfully, with some magic eraser, and some sunlight, the stain is gone. not too big of a deal. I would be extremely upset if my boat was brand new, but the stain will dissapear like everyone above has said. also, it does not sound as if it is on every 2005 board. they told me they had not had any issues with their syn models, which my wife rides. I was a little worried about that board, but we have not had any problems with it as of yet. good luck.

I have a '05 HL Motive that faded amazingly fast. Like a couple of hours in the sun and it looked like it was a couple of years old. I called HL and they said fading was a natural problem and that I shouldn't have left the board in the sun. The board still works fine, so I didn't push. Is my fading problem related to the problem of the OP? Or is fading just to be expected?

I think that some fading is normal. I have had multiple boards, that over the course of a couple of years, would fade a bit. however, fading that fast is not normal. them telling you it should not have been left in the sun is a lame excuse. boards are in the sun during use, and not in use. (up in racks). If it is a big deal to you, I would talk to the ppl you bought it from, and see if they would be willing to swap out a new board for you. if not, I would talk to hype again about it.