Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bilge Pump when set for Wakesurfing

My Bilge pump activates a lot when the boat is set for wake surfing (warning showing on the Maliview screen), obviously when the boat is going forward and gravity flows water to the back of the boat due to the angle. 95% of the time though I don't see water coming out from the thru hull intake, which to me indicates the water level isn't much but somehow the pump still activates. Kind of hard to tell if the pump is really activating or not since the engine is running so I can't determine by listening to the pump, I am pretty sure though the pump is properly running since occasionally water does spit out. I have checked all my bags and ballasts for possible leaks and could not find any, seems like water is coming in somehow from the wave hitting the back of the boat when I stop. Water is also accumulating in the v-drive compartment. My 06 Wakesetter had the same set up and never had an issue like this so just wondering if anybody has had a similar problem.

Thanks everyone. Happy boating

Is your rub rail under water or getting hit by water? Also watch to see if water is entering through one of the vents. I get a little water through out the day from the prop shaft, bildge pump will run a couple times a day.

Hi REW,

Yes I believe the rub rail does get a bit under water, but same with my old boat and it was never an issue with water accumulating in the bilge.

Hi REW,Yes I believe the rub rail does get a bit under water, but same with my old boat and it was never an issue with water accumulating in the bilge.

I believe these boats are glued together, top to bottom. If there is a break in the glue bead then water will have a point of entry. This is also why there was no problem with your other boat. As others have pointed out there are lots of other places that water could be coming in from, other than climbing around the boat with an i spection mirrow and a flash light during surf runs, it is going to be hard to find

Ok, perhaps the issue is more water than normal entering from the drive shaft, cause this would make the most sense since I do have more than normal water accumulation in the v-drive compartment. Or again this could be a combination of everything. Would I need to replace the Drive shaft seal?

Thank you BS for the advise, I will look into the V-Drive shaft possibly leaking at higher rate then usual. Again it looks like the problem only occurs when I have extra weight (Sacs) in the boat.

Anyone else has experienced the same problem? Would it be possible the v-drive shaft is leaking at a way faster rate when the boat is listed? I haven't had a chance to check the boat yet but will do this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...