Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Triple X Wakesurfers..............legit?

r3612

Well I have been lurking on the surf side. Mainly surfed as a last resort. However I find myself grabbing a surf a little more these days. I am about 70% wakeboard 15% surf 15% ski. Been doing a little searching and I am in the market for a surf style board. i have a pretty decent surf wave , but on the steeper side.

I have ridden

-Ronix Parks Thruster

-ShredStixx Thresher

-Byerly Hazard

-Walker F18

-learned on Broadcast

I really liked the way the Thresher performed in its aspects except for speed. It just seemed like I really had to pump the crap out of it to get any performance., but when I did I loved it.

Liked the F18 as well a Walker is just a little more than I want to spend

I liked the speed of the Ronix Thruster, but its surf carves and pearling were an issue when you pushed it.. Great "boat" board you don't have to really work.

I don't surf nearly enough to justify an 800 custom as of my first plan anyways. So after coming across the Ultimate Wakesurf thread the Triple X Line kind of caught my eye. Really like the looks and they seem like a legit board. The reviews here were a little old and and not much chatter. are they decent? Slayer Pro X or the Nitro Pro X are the two models. I just like to carve, catch a little air and do an occasional 3. Looking for a faster board I don't have to pump the entire ride. Not sure if that's realistic to get the high performance, I am slowly learning about board characteristics.

I was also tossing around a Byerly Buzz or Hyperlite Quad....... They local pro shop has always treated my well so that's what they carry. If anyone has any comments on those as well they are more than welcomed. If dropping the coin is really they only way to go was looking at the Inland Surfer Swallow.

Edited by r3612

I can tell you I've had almost every board they have made. The new Slayer Pro X is a turd, avoid that one. It's not the same as the older version they made, and by that I mean it sucks compared to the old one. The Nitro Pro X is pretty good though.

Edited by Bobby Light

There's a guy over on wakeworld and in the axis forum classifieds that's selling a XXX board. Since you don't surf much might be a good place to start.