Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Liquid Force Witness replacement (non-grind) - move to Watson?

ibelonginprison

I used to ride a Liquid Force Witness 141 several years ago, and did well on it. However they only make the Witness Grind now.
I'm looking for something maybe a step up from my old Witness. I'm thinking a Watson is a good choice, but I was curious if any of you had thoughts on that?

I'd also be open to a comparable Ronix or Hyperlite setup, just haven't had much experience with them in person yet. So comparing them based on "what you read on the internet" is a little difficult. :/

I'm 6'3", 190lb. I don't do tricks. Just like to go wake to wake, need something with a rather forgiving landing, but I don't like slow and sluggish boards.

Boat only, no parks.

Thanks in advance for any opinions... after a couple evenings of reading I'm about ready to give up and just start buying stuff and selling what I don't like. And my wife would kill me. LOL

Edited by ibelonginprison

I rode the Watson and thought it was a sloooooow board. Ended up with a Ronix Code 22 and really like it. Has some flex which makes for soft landings

I used to ride a Liquid Force Witness 141 several years ago, and did well on it. However they only make the Witness Grind now.

I'm looking for something maybe a step up from my old Witness. I'm thinking a Watson is a good choice, but I was curious if any of you had thoughts on that?

I'd also be open to a comparable Ronix or Hyperlite setup, just haven't had much experience with them in person yet. So comparing them based on "what you read on the internet" is a little difficult. :/

I'm 6'3", 190lb. I don't do tricks. Just like to go wake to wake, need something with a rather forgiving landing, but I don't like slow and sluggish boards.

Boat only, no parks.

Thanks in advance for any opinions... after a couple evenings of reading I'm about ready to give up and just start buying stuff and selling what I don't like. And my wife would kill me. LOL

I had one of those boards a few years ago and liked it. If I recall, the Witness had a hybrid rocker. Full 3-stage boards will feel slower, but with more pop off the wake. If you liked the Witness, maybe look at the RDX? I think that is the only LF board with a sort of hybrid rocker in the line up (could be wrong). Buy Wake has a pretty good filter to look at boards (rocker, size, boat vs park, etc). Hope that helps

I'm 5' 10 195, I ride a Ronix Parks 134 or 136 I cant remember. I am the same way, only go wake to wake, don't do many if any tricks. It is a 3 stage rocker board and I like it really well. It digs hard and fast and makes a nice pop off the wake. you can grab one under $200.

I rode the Witness for 6 years and believe it is the best board I have ever rode. Previous to that I rode the Omega, pretty much just followed any board Benny G rode. I knew the shape was going away and so did others so stocking up was difficult. I have broken all of my Witness boards except one and now I am scared to ride it, so I searched out the next best thing and I found it, Obrien Format. This board rides exactly like the Witness, compare the shapes of the boards and they are identical.

Here are the differences:

Format rides a bit faster and is more responsive because it has a sharper edge and those chevron thingys on the bottom.

Format rides looser because it has smaller fins, but they can be changed to larger ones. Witness had molded fins.

Format has flex. This was my favorite difference between the two. The landings are so much better on the format. Landing tail heavy isn't an issue any more. The Witness rides tail heavy and landing tail heavy is the way I broke all my previous Witness boards. But the flex of the Format made the pop a bit later off the wake. I had to get use to waiting a bit longer to release off the wake.

Edited by turbonine

Hyper light Franchise - very fun board- fast good pop nice landings

Ronix One - I like this board the best, Faster than most say, Better Pop than the Hyperlight,

Ronix Bill - Lose and fast , not as much Pop as the Francise.

I use to Ride Liquid force - Trips and I like these 3 much better.

I broke down and picked up a new board this year...I now ride a 142 Ronix Atr with Ronix one bindings. I am 6'1 200 lbs. I really like this new board. I came from a 2011 cwb transcend. The Ronix is light, poppy and super user friendly on the water. I'm a wake to wake rider with some basic grabs. Definitely worth a look. There is a great clearance sale going on right now..

http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboards/ronix-one-atr-wakeboard.aspx#image=74521/347510/ronix-one-atr-wakeboard-2014-138.jpg

My son rides this board and absolutely loves, much more advanced rider than me...he is 12, and rides a 134.

http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboards/ronix-parks-modello-wakeboard.aspx#image=75971/348633/clone.jpg

Edited by Fman