Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater Shirt - Do You Use One?

Slalom Frog

Wondering if any of you use a heater shirt and If so, what kind? I currently use one made by the Barefoot Company that has a "titanium" lining. I find that the one that I use actually seems to make me colder once I am out of the water and starting to dry off. I have read about some that have a thin fleece lining instead. Anyone have any experience with either of these styles? What do you like about the one that you use?

http://www.lakeelmosports.com/index.php?ma...products_id=240

I have the Body Glove Rover and like it alot. The rest of the family has Gooru's. We go dry suit, long sleeve wet suit, boardshorts with neo and neo top, board shorts with neo top, and finally to just boardshorts as the season progresses. Then we go in reverse order as the season ends and it gets colder.

I received another Father's Day gift yesterday: an Oneill 24-7 hoody. I think I will be enjoying this this year.

I've worn both The Barefoot Company and Eagle (with the fleece lining) and much prefer the Eagle. After I tried the Eagle, I sold The Barefoot Company. I have not tried any of the Vortex yet but hope to, although I think it will be hard to beat the fleece lining in the Eagle.

I had a oneal for a while until I tried a eagle with fleece lining. Afterward I gave away the oneal and only use the Eagle. Its nice on those cool spring mornings and late fall season.

I've got the Boiler from Vortex. Makes a very noticeable difference under my BF suit during the cooler conditions. I have noticed as well that continuing to wear it after being in the water feels chilly, so I just shed it and put something dry on.

Can't get a clean link directly to the shirt, but here is the site.

I use one, purchased it at MEC (mountain equipment coop) has rubber on the front and is fleeced lined on the inside....nice and warm, very easy to move with!!

I have an O'Neill Gooru and absolutely love it. Wear it as soon as the water is warm enough to ditch the shorty and keep it on all season after that.

I have the same one. It works great early and late in the season. I'll take if off between sets if it's really cold outside. Same deal if it's warm because those tops can be smokin' when the sun is out on a warm day.