Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GoPro Camera

2014AXIST22

So we just recently bought a go pro hero 3+ silver edition. Would love to video surfing, tubing, and wakeboarding. What mount(s) work the best and where to put them? Thanks

search DIY go pro mounts https://youtu.be/ffFivOYTSj4 this guy has a bunch of good ones

get the floaty backdoor for sure. the surfboard mount works pretty good although allot of water hits the lens and it can look blurry.

i have used the suction cup on the boat transom, and the side hull, but the wide angle make it tough to get a tight shot of the rider which is why i like the floating pvc pole. mine is about 4ft long with tri-pod mount on the end so it can get a good close shot of the subject

Edited by Stevo

Floaty backdoor is a must. Get a float pole as well. I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy.

http://www.amazon.com/GPE-10-14-24-Inch-Floating-Extension-Transparent/dp/B00B3YJG5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434660711&sr=8-1&keywords=gopro+floating+pole

Awesome for filming from the swim platform while someone is surfing. Surfers can also use the floaty pole to film themselves. Suction mount is good for getting cool boating action shots from the side.

I mademy own pole out of 3/4 pvc pipe, bicycle seat post mount and good stuff foam. Have 3 sections with couplers cut to about 20 inches each. Lots of fun and pretty cheap.

Floaty backdoor is a must. Get a float pole as well. I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy.

http://www.amazon.com/GPE-10-14-24-Inch-Floating-Extension-Transparent/dp/B00B3YJG5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434660711&sr=8-1&keywords=gopro+floating+pole

Awesome for filming from the swim platform while someone is surfing. Surfers can also use the floaty pole to film themselves. Suction mount is good for getting cool boating action shots from the side.

you can make this for $15

I picked up a Hero3+ Silver as well last weekend. I used one of the standard mounts on the front of my wakeboard that got some great perspectives during spins and inverts. Also caught all of my facial expressions when all of my tantrum attempts went wrong...

I purchased mine with the intent to film my riding from the boat, that way I could review it and show myself what I was doing wrong. No one in the boat knows much about proper technique so I always get the "well that one looked better" or "that didn't look right" advice. Being a college kid I couldn't justify spending almost the cost of the camera on buying a WakeEye (it was hard enough to break down and buy the camera) but I ordered an off brand roll bar mount that I'm hoping will fit on the pull up ski pylon that way I can film from the boat and not have to worry about it being in the way. Even though I know the gopro is not the camera of choice to film from 70' away, I'm hoping this will be a budget friendly way of getting some decent footage of my riding from the boat.

I love the "Chesty" which is fully adjustable to fit all sizes.

Makes it easy to capture immersive video and photo footage from, your chest.

Perfect for skiing, mountain biking, motocross, paddle sports, or any activity where you want to get a "lower than the head" view of the action.

See more of your arms, knees poles, ropes and skis while skiing/wakeboarding & surfing

Knock off of the original harness available on Ebay from as low as $15.

I personally prefer the original GoPro product... FWIW.