Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast Installation.

pennery

Okay so I have recieved my Tsunami 1200 pumps (2) My intentions are to install a stationary Sack in the front (closed bow) and a sack under the rear seat (comes up for a sundeck) but the front sac first.

I am intending on getting a 400Lbs Pro X v-drive sac for the front with 3 ports so I can fill at the top and drain at the bottom. I am wondering if I need a vent line in the third port and if I need to install a thru hull up near the windshield. I am trying to get away with this with as few holes added to the hull as possible.

For the rear sack I am intending on using a 600+ lbs Pro X that I will have to remove each time we go out so I will make use of the quick connections but have stationary lines to that sac. Can I use the bilge line for the drain line for the rear sac and the vent line for the front sac If the vent line is necessary.

Does anyone have a diagram for a ballast system on a direct drive so I can see where to install valves and what kind of valves do I need? The pipe and fittings I can get at a hardware store so I am not concerned with how to put it together or the electrical part I already have a plan for. I will eventually be getting 2 more Tsunami pumps for the rear sac (1 fill - 1 drain) once I get the front finalized.

Any Input on this would definitely help

Thanks

Hey pennery,

I'm actually about to do an install in my vlx using those same pumps. Here's some advice. Since you're using aerator pumps, you'll need one pump for the fill side and one for the empty side. With two bags, I'd buy two more pumps, that way you can control them independently. You can get the pumps at Bass Pro Shop for pretty cheap.

Also, you don't need a vent line. When the bags get full, they'll push the excess water past the empty pump, and out the empty port. But if you run the bags off one fill pump, then the bag closer to the pump might get pretty tight.

Here's a couple of links with some really good info.

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=52208

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.ph...3884&highlight=

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have more questions.

-Kraig