Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to inflate this

Stevo

What would be the best way to inflate this?

We are headed up to Oroville next week for a floating campsite and we are thinking about borrowing this from some friends who don't really use it because they can't inflate it to their liking.

Have a standard 12v air pump the we use for our tube, oops. I mean air mattress . But also have a foot pump. It's going to take forever I'm sure but we need some kid activities. I thought about bringing my shop vac and inflating in the parking lot with an 110 inverter but I have to check the amp draw.

Any other suggestions, does anyone have one? And are these more trouble than they are worth?

post-6788-0-93333100-1434598063_thumb.jp

If you have a gas leaf blower it would make short work of it. I have a smaller 12ft trampoline for the kids on our houseboat. It's a PIA to set up initially but the kids love it. What site will you be in and which days? If I'm at the houseboat, I'll swing by and say hi.

Edited by bunji169

I have a 110v air mattress inflator that works well for "toys" like that.

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Quick-Fill-Electric-110-120-21-2CFM/dp/B000XQK2MW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434601658&sr=8-2

I've never seen anyone over 4 be able to bounce on a floating trampoline, and they're a pain to clean and put away. Don't forget that at the end of the trip you need something to deflate it as well. The shopvac may work, but make sure you have adapters that work with the vents.

If you have a gas leaf blower it would make short work of it. I have a smaller 12ft trampoline for the kids on our houseboat. It's a PIA to set up initially but the kids love it. What site will you be in and which days? If I'm at the houseboat, I'll swing by and say hi.

I do have the leaf blower, that may be the way to go.

We are on floating #1 24th -28th. And some friends will be on #2', a pair of 14'lsv's and a 14' X-30.

Come on by

I have a 110v air mattress inflator that works well for "toys" like that.

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Quick-Fill-Electric-110-120-21-2CFM/dp/B000XQK2MW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434601658&sr=8-2

I've never seen anyone over 4 be able to bounce on a floating trampoline,

I'm sure my kids will find something to do with it, they can jump and play on it instead of jumping in and out of the boa then we are docked.

We have a cheaper version of that and they make pumps specifically for the bigger inflatables. We got this one at fleet farm after killing our air matress pump. Still not a fast process but it works well.

http://www.airhead.com/120v-hi-pressure-air-pump.html

I have this ^^ one and one Overtons sells. Both work great. They are also great for "air mattresses." Leaf blower would also make quick work. These trampolines are very heavy and cumbersome. Ours finally ripped after 7 yrs of use. Not replacing it. Thinking of getting a water mat instead.

Edited by Endodoc

I have this ^^ one and one Overtons sells. Both work great. They are also great for "air mattresses." Leaf blower would also make quick work. These trampolines are very heavy and cumbersome. Ours finally ripped after 7 yrs of use. Not replacing it. Thinking of getting a water mat instead.

Once ours goes we will probably replace it with a water mat as well. The water absorbs all of the bounce on these things. It ends up being used for king of the hill or sunbathing.